Reporting to the Extreme Oil Campaign Director, the California Climate Campaigner will help develop and implement Stand.earth’s campaign to stop the expansion of extreme oil infrastructure like oil train and tanker terminals and promote clean energy at the local and state level.
While the preferred location for this position is in our San Francisco office, we will consider outstanding candidates in the Los Angeles area. This is a full-time job with full benefits. Salary range is between $55-65K, depending on experience.
- Help design and implement powerful, innovative and effective campaign strategies and field tactics in California such as protests, petitions, rallies, and educational events.
- Track and understand public policy processes, including environmental impact reviews and state legislation, follow key decision makers, and identify leverage points for change.
- Represent the campaign and act as on-the-ground spokesperson at conferences, coalition meetings, events, trainings etc.
- Assist in the creation of campaign materials such as fact sheets, blogs, social media and activist toolkits.
- Work with relevant departments to effectively recruit online support for the campaign.
- Create compelling reports on field activities in the form of blog posts and other social media content.
- 3-5 years organizing/campaigning experience.
- Highly organized, flexible, creative, able to prioritize multiple tasks, and able to thrive in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
- Independent, self-motivated with a desire to advance Stand.earth’s mission.
- Passion for environmental policy issues and climate justice.
- Experience working with environmental justice and racially diverse communities is essential.
- Knowledge of fossil fuel and/or clean energy issues a plus.
- Demonstrated success managing volunteers and problem solving.
- Committed to the values of diversity, open communication and inclusiveness.
- Ability and willingness to travel.
- Spanish language proficiency a plus.
- Able to write compelling content for supporters.
- Eager to learn setting emails up & running reports (aka not be scared of html or data) and interested in new digital campaigning tactics.
Please send a 1-page cover letter and resume to CAClimateCampaigner@Stand.earth with your name in the subject line and on each attachment. No phone calls, please. Only those who will be interviewed will be contacted.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com
Salary range is between $55-65K, depending on experience.