About the role:
We are currently accepting applications for a Senior Environmental Advisor at our Coppabella mine. Our Coppabella Moorvale mine complex consists of two open-cut mine operations producing premium low-volatile pulverised coal (LV-PCI) for export markets.
Reporting to the Environmental Superintendent, this role is responsible for ensuring compliance with our Environmental Authorities (EA’s) and providing guidance and support to key stakeholders with regards to environment management across the complex.
Duties will include:
- Achieve compliance against the EA’s
- Management of water – surface, groundwater, dams and erosion and sediment control
- Management of rehabilitation and remediation projects - design, project management, monitoring and reporting
- Management and completion of environmental monitoring and reporting - field monitoring, quality and control, data management and reporting (both internal and external)
- Prepare, maintain and amend each year the Plan of Operations and Financial Assurance and Asset Retirement Obligation reporting
- Management of contractors and consultants – identifying synergies across the complex
- Development, implementation and management of environmental management documentation – management plans, procedures and action plans
- Identify improvement opportunities for environmental management
- Bachelor degree in Environmental Science or Engineering
- 5+ years’ experience in an environmental role
- Previous experience working in open cut coal mining is preferred
- Experience in water management will be highly regarded
- Commitment to safety as a way of life
- The ability to communicate well at all levels of the organisation, with excellent verbal and written skills
- Strong planning and organisation skills
What we offer:
- We commit to safety and health as a way of life
- A culture of inspiration, innovation and collaboration
- Committed to developing an inclusive and diverse workplace
- A reward and recognition program
- Professional and technical development opportunities
At Peabody, we strive to live our mission and abide by our values of Safety, Customer Focus, Leadership, People, Excellence, Integrity and Sustainability.
Apply to Peabody today and grow your career with us.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com