Ecology and Environment, Inc. is seeking a junior- or associate-level Environmental Chemist in our Buffalo, NY office. This position will be responsible for reviewing and validating environmental chemistry data. Our successful candidate must have excellent data management and computer skills and a good understanding of chemistry principles.
- Preparation of quality assurance plans and reports, data usability, and quality control summary reports for environmental chemistry data
- Field sampling, field testing, field lab set-up, and analysis
- Data validation and electronic data management including management of electronic laboratory and field data using Earthsoft EQuIS Professional, EQuIS Data Processor, EPA Scribe, and project-specific databases
- Coordination with subcontracted laboratories including preparation of scopes of service, data review and validation, electronic data management, and QA/QC oversight
- BS in Chemistry required; MS preferred
- 0 – 7 years of experience with laboratory equipment, testing, and QA/QC
- Understanding of environmental regulations and EPA analytical methods
- Excellent computer skills including relational database experience and strong proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Experience with data validation, multimedia environmental sampling, and environmental laboratory analytical experience strongly preferred
- Experience with Access, EQuIS, SQL Server, data management software and database maintenance preferred
- Excellent verbal communication, technical writing and research skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to travel and perform fieldwork as needed
We are a global network of innovators and problem solvers, dedicated professionals and industry leaders in scientific, engineering, and planning disciplines working together with our clients to develop technically sound, science-based solutions to the leading environmental challenges of our time. E & E offers opportunities for growth in a team-oriented environment. Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S.; Visa sponsorship will not be provided. Please view our website at www.ene.com to apply on-line. Local candidates preferred.
Ecology and Environment, Inc. is an EO and AA employer – M/F/Vets/Disabled/and other protected categories.