Conducts analysis through research, gathering and interpretation of data, development of alternatives and recommendations. Presents analysis and recommendations to management and may implement selected alternative. Analyses include, but are not limited to, feasibility studies, cost/benefit analysis, trending/forecasting, financial analysis, budget analysis and reporting. This position will fulfill a dual role of Plant Environmental Analyst as well as Plant Safety and Training. Specifically, this position will provide professional level services for ensuring the company complies with environmental and safety regulatory requirements of Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC), OSHA, state and federal laws and regulations relating to generation operations.
Responsibilities of the mid-level position are:
- Monitor the performance of the water chemistry at the plant site.
- Ensure that environmental data collection and reporting is carried out in accordance with company policies, federal and state regulations
- Analyze financial analyses of environmental and safety impacts on business operations.
- Provide accurate input into the budget process and contribute to meeting the actual targets.
- Provide environmental support to the thermal plants.
- Provide technical support to Plant operating staff for both environmental and safety programs.
- Review policies, methods and procedures to ensure accuracy for regulatory and company compliance.
- Review all environmental or safety incidents, investigate a depth of detail and participate in creating reports of the actual or potential seriousness of the incident.
- Organize training and education materials to Plant operating staff and management concerning environment and safety subjects including application of laws, regulations and policies for environmental and safe work practices.
- Participate in safety committees, emergency response teams and Plant Environmental Management Team.
- Observation of environmental and safety hazards and potential risks to people, facilities or equipment in accordance with applicable local, state, federal regulations.
- Inspect facilities, machinery, and safety equipment to identify and correct potential environmental and safety hazards and to ensure regulation compliance.
- Review employee environmental and safety training programs to determine their adequacy
- Occasional travel will be required.
In addition to the above, the responsibilities of the sr. level are:
- Provide technical leadership and support to operations and engineering staff.
- Perform complex environmental work requiring the considerable exercise of independent analysis and judgment in environmental services.
- Develop and improve methods and procedures to ensure appropriate regulatory and company compliance.
- Supervise consultants and contractors to ensure that obligations, requirements, and compliance are met.
- Develop company policies and procedures on environmental matters.
- Work as a liaison between regulatory agencies and other company departments.
- Manage environmental activities of consulting firms.
- Prepare budget forecasts and actual performance of budgeted activities for assigned environmental services. .
- Deliver training and education to operations staff and management.
- Ensure that environmental data collection and reporting is carried out in accordance with company policy and state regulations.
- Report issues and problems via SAP maintenance management system.
Requirements of the mid-level position are:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Physical Sciences, Environmental Sciences or Engineering; or the equivalent combination of related education and experience.
- A minimum of three years experience in environmental, safety or regulatory matters.
- Working knowledge and understanding of environmental and safety issues and the company’s business processes for both areas of accountability.
- Experience in environmental management and reporting, including auditing and training; or equivalent combination of related education and experience.
- Ability to present information to appropriate field personnel.
- Data gathering, analysis, interpretation, trending, forecasting, and modeling skills.
- Knowledge of applicable Company policies and procedures; applicable federal, state, and local governmental laws and regulations.
- Proficient with the use of personal computers including SAP, spreadsheet, PI, database, word processing, and presentation applications to gather, analyze, and model information.
- Communication and interpersonal skills including ability to consult with internal and external customers regarding matters/issues which may be sensitive in nature.
- Ability to work with all levels of an organization including people with different styles and backgrounds; ability to work as a member of a team. Ability to present alternatives and recommendations.
- Ability to prioritize workload under pressure.
In addition to the above, the requirements of the sr. level position are:
- A minimum of five years experience in environmental or regulatory matters.
- Advanced technical knowledge and understanding of environmental issues and the company’s business processes.
- Experience in environmental management and reporting, including auditing and training.
- Ability to develop and present training to appropriate field personnel.
- Project management skills including project leadership, task identification, scheduling, and cost/expenditure identification.
- Three or more years of direct experience and responsibility in environmental, regulatory matters, Industrial Health, Safety, chemistry or related field.
- Experience and knowledge of Combined Cycle Power Plant operations and/or maintenance.
- College degree in Environmental, Industrial Health, Chemistry, Industrial Safety.
- Current or previous experience fulfilling role in Environmental reporting, Industrial Health, Industrial Safety organization.
- Ability to develop additional skills as necessary to fulfill various roles of this position
- Strong background in OSHA Standards
- Chemistry experience
- Experienced working in an industrial or power generation setting.
- Specialized environmental knowledge and experience of air or water issues and regulations in industrial or power generation.
- State, federal or regulatory training, certifications or licensing in Environmental and/or Safety.
- Training of plant technicians in plant chemistry operations.
- Experience with environmental management monitoring and reporting.
- Specialized knowledge of air or water issues.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com