Siemens Building Technologies is looking for an experienced engineer, or similar expertise, in building energy monitoring and analytics to join the Americas Digital Service Center (DSC) in support of our Building Performance & Sustainability portfolio. This Senior Performance Assurance Specialist will be a member of the Centralized Performance Assurance Team housed within the DSC and will be responsible for measurement and verification (M&V) of energy savings for Regional and National accounts. The successful candidate will have a working knowledge of building HVAC and automation systems, remote metering, data analytics, and technical communication.
It is preferable to have this person based out of the following locations: Syracuse, NY; Boston, MA; Austin, TX; Dallas, TX or Orlando, FL. However, we are willing to consider other major US cities.
- M&V activities include data collection, analysis, and reporting of energy and cost savings relative to an annual guarantee.
- Continuous monitoring of customer facilities for early identification of energy shortfalls and potential savings improvements is expected along with leadership in collaborating with the BPS team to pursue these opportunities to optimize building performance for our customers.
- Leverage Navigator, Siemens energy monitoring and data analytics platform, to provide automated, cloud-based analysis, detection, and reporting of savings results for customer sites.
- Account management includes providing on-time deliverables within budget.
- Responsibilities also include the development and costing of M&V plans for new projects along with thorough execution and setup of these plans during project construction.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Technology or other similar technical field required.
- Working knowledge of lighting, electrical, HVAC, and automation systems for commercial buildings.
- Superior analytic and statistical ability with strong working knowledge of standard energy calculations and models.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Office.
- Strong knowledge of International Performance Measurement & Verification Protocol (IPMVP) and Federal Energy Management Program (FEMP) standards, and familiarity with ASHRAE Guideline 14.
- 5-7 years of building industry-related experience (candidates with less experience with related Advanced Degree or certification will also be considered).
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
- Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Certified Energy Manager (CEM), Certified Measurement and Verification Professional (CMVP), Professional Engineer, or other related energy certifications preferred.
- Familiarity with SBT and general energy industry practices and procedures preferred.
- Experience in remote energy metering, building energy auditing, and/or building commissioning
- Familiarity with Fault Detection and Data Analytics
- Experience in Remote Energy Monitoring
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com