OBJECTIVE / PURPOSE
Responsible for all facets of developing, coordinating and carrying out plans for profitable sales growth, product development, product selection, product deletion, and product marketing for assigned product group in support of policies, goals, and objectives established by the Director of Core Product Management and Vice-President of Core Product Management and Innovation.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND FUNCTIONS
- Identifies and implements appropriate product and sales initiatives to achieve product line(s) revenue and growth objectives. Aggressively pursues and supports opportunities to grow sales to new and existing customers.
- Coordinates with Marketing to develop appropriate and impactful messages for product promotion via internet/web advertising, catalog, quotations and inside sales initiatives, email blasts, tradeshows & workshops, videos, flyers, and co-op advertising with vendors. Works to create differentiation by communicating appropriate features and functionality.
- Responsible for developing innovative proprietary new products through knowledge of science education, own creative abilities, and building on existing ideas based on experience and customer contacts. Manage the development of new products by working with Product Development, other Company departments, or by outsourcing proprietary development when necessary.
- Responsible for maintaining an appropriate product selection and mix based on long-range growth plans balanced with assisting with operational efficiencies.
- Develops short-term and long-range plans and budgets based on goals and objectives for assigned product group. Utilizes sales trends information for forecasting.
- Maintains relationships with educators, universities, and associations to identify new product opportunities and/or partnerships, to understand information on national science standards, and trends in science and/or education.
- Develops a deep understanding of market segments associated with assigned product lines. Conducts regular opportunity analysis to identify new growth initiatives, new applications for existing products, new markets, and new vendors. Identifies market research needs and establishes a variety of information to monitor trends and opportunities. Regularly interacts with customers to develop a deep understanding of the market and customer's needs.
- Provide technical support for internal and external customers. Maintain technical web content and serve as customer advocate whenever necessary. Provide necessary tools, content, and training across departmental teams to ensure that customer touch points are consistent and market leading.
- Partner with eLearning / CSO team to develop and integrate innovative digital solutions that enrich product line.
- Establishes clearly-defined product specifications and then interacts with Operations and Purchasing to ensure that new products meet or exceed these specifications.
- Interacts with Purchasing and Operations as needed to assist in reducing backorders and maintaining inventory control by adjusting sales forecasts and moving aged/excess/obsolete inventory.
- Sets effective internet and catalog pricing strategies for all products by reviewing competitor pricing, reviewing costs, analyzing market price, and reviewing with Director and Vice President to ensure compliance with corporate goals.
- Prepares for and/or attends NSTA and other tradeshows discussing booth layout, product selection, demos, workshops, giveaways, and other tradeshow logistics.
- Provides support to Director of Core Product Management to ensure that profitability for product lines meets objectives.
- Plans and continues own professional development in both science and business to ensure up-to-date knowledge and best-practice management skills are maintained and utilized.
- Maintains harmony and serves as role model for appropriate management behavior and attitudes for peers.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Responsibility for Departments and GLs will be assigned by Director of Core Product Management.
Education: Bachelor's degree in Science or related field required; or Bachelor's degree in other disciplines with equivalent work experience in Science or related field. M.B.A./Master's in Science-a plus.
Experience: Minimum 3 years of Product Management/Product Management Coordinator/Management experience. Equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted. Marketing, project management, and science education experience is preferred.
Specialized Training/Skills: Project Management training/experience a plus. Science research or education experience a plus. Strong content knowledge of subject area is strongly preferred.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com