DEA's Bellevue, WA office is looking for a Mid-level Environmental Planner to work on a variety of transportation, energy, land development, and water resource projects. This candidate may be a task leader on projects, which requires a basic understanding of project management. Depending on experience and need, candidate may also be asked to assume Deputy Project Manager responsibilities, including working with and coordinating staff for field work and report preparation. Clients include local, state, and federal government entities, as well as private sector.
- Serve as task manager authoring NEPA/SEPA documents including SEPA Checklists, Categorical Exclusions, permit applications, and various technical sections of EISs and EAs.
- Conduct field visits for data collection and analysis of social and built environment resources.
- Prepare analyses and documentation to comply with state and federal agencies’ regulations and permitting approvals such as Section 4(f)/6(f), Section 106, etc.
- Evaluate land use, socioeconomics, environmental justice, public services, and other social and built environment issues.
- Coordinate with other resource leads to conduct analyses for specific projects.
- Operate in a highly flexible, team-oriented environment with individual responsibilities for internal and customer deliverables and schedule.
- Collaborate closely with DEA’s Business Units to support and produce high-quality deliverables.
- Work successfully with both internal and external clients.
- Bachelor’s degree (Masters is preferred) in environmental planning, environmental science, geography, urban planning, biology, or related field.
- Minimum 8 years of experience related to preparing NEPA/SEPA documents; or similar levels of experience in field work and report completion related to projects.
- Excellent organizational, oral, writing, and analytical skills are required, high attention to detail, as well as an ability to manage multiple tasks and to travel as needed for projects.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Vacation/Sick/Holiday Pay
- 401k and Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP)
- Flexible 9/80 (every other Friday off) work schedule
DEA Inc. is proud to be an AA/EEO employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration without regard to characteristics protected by applicable local, state or federal law, such as race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information or sexual orientation.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com