DEA’s Portland, OR office is looking to hire a Biologist / Environmental Scientist in our Water and Environment Business Unit. The primary focus for this position will be to prepare environmental permit applications, technical documents, and environmental compliance documentation. The person in this position will assistant senior-level biologists and Project Managers with water, transportation, energy and land development projects.
- Conduct wetland delineations and ordinary high water determinations within urban and rural settings following state and federal protocols
- Prepare wetland delineation reports, function assessments, mitigation plans;
- Prepare Endangered Species Act compliance documents;
- Prepare Clean Water Act and Oregon Removal/Fill permit applications;
- Prepare NEPA-related technical reports;
- Coordinate with team members and agencies as directed;
- Conduct literature searches, and compile information;
- Conduct a variety of science-centered fieldwork and document the results; and
- Assist in preparing scopes of work and estimating level of effort for task completion.
- Excellent technical writing skills and strong verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of and experience with state/federal permitting procedures, NEPA documents, technical reports, wetland delineations, and mitigation requirements.
- Ability to work in a highly flexible, team-oriented environment.
- Knowledge of and experience with Northwest plants, fish, wildlife and birds.
- Knowledge of and experience with GIS and with GPS equipment and software a plus.
- Enthusiasm in providing high quality customer service
- Bachelor of Science degree in Biology, Ecology, or related field.
- Minimum of 4 years of relevant experience with preparing joint permit applications, biological assessments, NEPA, technical reports, or wetland delineations; may include relevant internship or volunteer experience.
- Experience with Microsoft Office programs: Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Ability to work outdoors in adverse conditions across the western states; must be available for occasional travel.
- Training in wetland delineations desired.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Vacation/Sick/Holiday Pay
- 401k and Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP)
- Flexible 9/80 (every other Friday off) work schedule
DEA Inc. is proud to be an AA/EEO employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration without regard to characteristics protected by applicable local, state or federal law, such as race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information or sexual orientation.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com