The Exciting Opportunity:
If you’re an Environmental Consultant and ambitious to achieve your career potential, read on. Join our team and we’ll make sure you get the experience and personalised learning support you need to take your career as far as you want it to go.
This role can be based from either of the follow office locations – Birmingham, Leeds, Manchester, Warrington or Cardiff.
Overview of Role:
You will be part of the wider UK Environmental Planning team, which undertakes a broad range of environmental assessment projects, including environmental impact assessments, strategic environmental assessments, construction management and other environmental advice, for a mixture of private and public-sector clients.
Our team is involved in complex, iconic and stimulating challenging projects that are diverse and technically demanding. These include including Nationally Significant Infrastructure Projects, hybrid Bills, energy opportunities, infrastructure schemes and residential developments.
Our team is working on some of the most iconic projects within the UK at present, including High Speed 2, Lower Thames Crossing and Crossrail.
- Delivering outcomes for our clients and helping them manage their environmental planning risks;
- Proactively managing IA (EIA/SEA/ESIA) projects or components of projects, taking responsibility for resource allocation, managing subcontractors, quality assurance and client feedback and ensuring effective communication;
- Establishing strong relationships with environmental disciplines, planners and engineers;
- Coordinating technical specialists, providing guidance and consistency of approach;
- Provide mentoring to junior members of the IA team;
- Co-ordinate and influence project stakeholders to maximise best client and environmentally responsible outcomes;
- Managing commercial aspects (contract, invoicing, debt, client management etc.) of selected projects or components of projects to ensure a successful result;
- Liaising with the Project Manager/Director and client to keep informed of all developments associated with their projects;
- Being familiar with relevant H & S regulations relevant to their role;
- Providing environmental advice which complies with current regulation and best practice.
What You have to Offer:
- Relevant Environmental Degree, with Master’s Degree in relevant Environmental discipline preferred;
- Experience of working in consultancy or a comparable role in industry;
- Detailed knowledge of UK environmental legislation and planning policy;
- Wide-ranging working knowledge of IA and various consenting and planning regimes (TWA, DCO, TCPA, local and regional planning);
- Experience of undertaking IAs on a variety of projects such as transportation, rail, water and regeneration schemes. Experience of contributing to and leading SEAs and Sustainability Appraisals would also be beneficial;
- Demonstrable experience of coordination all stages of Environmental Impact Assessments (EIA) from options to planning submission to construction management;
- Good understanding of a range of technical environmental disciplines;
- Stakeholder and public engagement experience;
- Commercial awareness, including forecasting, project management and quality assurance
- Great communication and team working skills;
- Excellent written skills, with good attention to detail;
- Ability to think in an innovative and entrepreneurial manner;
- Excellent motivation, influencing, people management, presentational and delegation skills;
- Full and valid driving licence.
- Interest and / or experience in sustainable development issues;
- Knowledge and experience of GIS and BIM;
- CSCS card holder;
- Travel Flexibility.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com