Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
The MPK Campus EHS Site Manager partners with site operations and support teams to implement, execute and sustain company EHS policies, standards, programs and processes and ensure compliance with applicable local, regional, national and federal EHS regulations, directives and standards. The MPK Campus EHS Site Manager serves as the lead EHS subject matter expert on: technical and regulatory aspects, EHS management systems, technical standards, and EHS best practices.
The MPK Campus EHS Site Manager is accountable for:
a) the implementation, execution and sustaining of site-level compliance;
b) providing comprehensive risk analysis and risk management actions;
c) leading continuous improvement actions, programs or processes on compliance assurance, incident prevention, injury prevention, pollution prevention and other EHS performance indicators;
d) managing incident investigation and corrective measure implementation; and
e) evaluating and implementing EHS best practices to continuously improve compliance and management effectiveness.
The MPK Campus EHS Site Manager: builds collaborative and productive working relationships; networks with, and appropriately involves key internal and external stakeholders; influences key operational decisions as well as functional and operational EHS strategies; plans, executes, and evaluates complex assignments that have a broad impact on site operations.
- Perform EHS compliance applicability reviews and EHS risk assessments and implement effective programs, procedures, processes and practices to ensure regulatory compliance and protect employees, communities and the environment.
- Design, develop, implement, execute and sustain the programs, procedures, processes and systems to ensure site-level compliance with EHS law and company EHS strategies, policies or standards.
- Perform inspections, investigations, safety observations, job safety analysis, risk assessments, trend analysis and reviews to identify EHS management gaps, develop corrective measures and implement solutions to sustain compliance with EHS law, company EHS requirements and mitigate EHS hazards and risk.
- Leverage lessons learned and implement continuous improvement actions across the site.
- Manage EHS training, safe operating procedures and best practices to minimize EHS risks and to ensure the safety and health of employees.
- Provide EHS service, solutions, programs, best practices and technical guidance to operations management, support functions to effectively and efficiently manage compliance assurance and EHS risk mitigation.
- Manage EHS incident investigations to determine and implement root cause corrective actions.
- Manage or lead planning, preparation, implementation, execution and recovery of emergency or crisis management events, employee injury events, environmental pollution or permit deviation events, fire safety events or other EHS risk events.
- Partner and collaborate with operations management and support functions to influence and manage EHS resources and projects and operational decisions.
- Design, develop, implement, execute and sustain site-level employee safety and injury prevention programs.
- Design, develop, implement, execute and sustain site-level environmental permit management and pollution prevention programs.
- Collect, measure and analyze site EHS metrics and KPI performances, to discover trends for continuous improvement or corrective measures.
- Perform management reviews and report on EHS performance and tactical and strategic improvement planning.
- Manage regulatory agency and external stakeholder EHS activities, including reporting, visits, or inspections.
- Track and stay current on EHS compliance changes, emerging issues, and best practice trends in the industry and interpret and incorporate changes/updates to EHS programs.
- Contribute and participate in company EHS strategies, tactical planning and EHS initiatives.
- Able to travel 20-40%.
- BS in environmental, health, safety or scientific or engineering field.
- 8+ years’ experience of applied EHS compliance management, including regulatory and permitting.
- Knowledge of global and US-based EHS legal requirements (i.e.: Regulations, Codes, Standards, Directives, and Administrative Policies) and provide regulatory knowledge, technical experience, EHS engineering knowledge and EHS management systems.
- Experience with tactical and strategic regulatory leadership and direction as well as working with limited supervision while being responsible for project management, compliance assurance, risk mitigation, injury prevention and environmental management.
- Experience leading and motivating cross-functional teams.
- Experience working in teams.
- Experience with communication and presenting proposed plans and results to management.
- Experience communicating with leadership.
- Experience developing and implementing goals and strategies based on organization goals.
- Advanced degrees in safety/industrial/quality engineering, safety or other science or engineering discipline from an accredited university.
- EHS professional membership, registration and/or certification from an accredited organization in one or more of the following areas: safety engineering or management, occupational health or industrial hygiene, hazardous materials management, or environmental engineering or management.
- Advanced membership, registration and/or certification for OHSAS18001, ISO14001, ISO 45001, ISO9001 or similar accredited EHS management systems.
- Experience prioritizing and managing multiple assignments concurrently.
- Organized, analytical, detail-oriented, problem-solver and project management experience.
- Experience working with or in support of diverse communities.
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com or you may call us at +1 650-308-7837.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com