Your success is a train ride away.
Amtrak connects businesses and communities across the country and we move America’s workforce toward the future. We employ more than 20,000 diverse, energetic professionals in a variety of career fields throughout the United States. The safety of our passengers, our employees, the public and our operating environment is our priority and the success of our railroad is the result of our employees.
Are you ready to join our team?
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
This position is responsible for ensuring compliance with federal, state, local, and Amtrak environmental regulations and leading environmental compliance activities at facilities in assigned territory.
- Implements safety or industrial health programs to prevent, correct, or control unsafe environmental conditions. Programs include but are not limited to those described in facility documents such as Facility Environmental Manual, SPCC Plan, SWPPP plan, and Hazardous Waste Contingency Plan.
- Conducts or coordinates training of workers concerning environmental compliance, safety laws and regulations, use of safety equipment, devices, and clothing, and first aid.
- Conducts or directs testing of soil, air, water, noise, temperature, or radiation to verify compliance with environmental health or safety regulations.
- Leads spill prevention and spill clean up activities; investigates causes of spills or non-compliance incidents, industrial accidents or injuries to develop solutions to minimize or prevent recurrence. Prepares reports of findings from investigation of accidents, inspection of facilities, or testing of environment.
- Conducts and documents environmental-related inspections of facilities, machinery, and safety equipment to identify and correct potential hazards, and/or ensure compliance with environmental safety regulations.
- Coordinates facility EMS activities to develop and track new environmental initiatives.
- Develops and submits environmental compliance documents to applicable agencies and maintains responsibility for facility environmental files.
- Experience demonstrating skill conducting safety, health, and/or environmental inspections/investigations sufficient to monitor legal compliance
- Experience demonstrating skill training others on company regulations, policies, programs, and procedures
- Experience demonstrating skill using PC-based word processing (e.g., Microsoft Word, WordPerfect) and e-mail (e.g., Microsoft Outlook, Lotus Notes) software
- Experience demonstrating skill coordinating and facilitating meetings
- Experience demonstrating skill presenting information in face-to-face and group situations (e.g., providing training)
- HAZOPER certification, or ability and willingness to obtain same within 6 months of entry into the position (this requirement may vary, based on location or focus of position)PREFERRED WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Knowledge of railroad safety, health, and/or environmental regulations (e.g., HAZCOM/Right-to-know, safety management practices
- Experience demonstrating skill working within a budget
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local safety, health, and/or environmental regulations (e.g., OSHA) Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability and willingness to work independently with minimal oversight and guidance
- Ability and willingness to attend and pass Amtrak Environmental Competency training
COMMUNICATION AND INTERPERSONAL SKILLS:
- Effective oral and written communication skills
Education Requirements:Bachelors Degree
Travel Requirements:Up to 50%
Employment Experience Requirements:5 - 7 years of experience
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com