Exponent's Ecological and Biological Sciences Practice is currently hiring for a Principal Scientist for our Maynard, MA office. This person will participate in a diverse array of projects involving natural resource damage assessment, ecological and human health risk assessment, water resources and water quality management, ecotoxicology, biological oceanography, terrestrial and aquatic ecology, fishery science, plant ecology, wetland science and restoration, and geospatial analyses.
- Identifying, developing, and securing new business opportunities and promote Exponent through industry contacts
- Enhancing and growing client relationships
- Developing and mentoring staff in both technical and business areas
- Growing the practice area by recruiting and developing staff
- Promoting Exponent’s multidisciplinary consulting expertise by publishing papers, presenting at conferences, and conducting seminars
Qualifications for this position include:
- Ph.D. in Ecology, Biology, Oceanography, Ecotoxicology, Natural Resources, or other related field
- Fifteen (or more) years of experience in Ecological Science consulting including experience as an expert witness
- Has built an existing personal consulting practice comprised of a substantial client base
- Experience in managing projects and multidisciplinary teams
- An outstanding reputation among clients for integrity, responsiveness, and technical expertise
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Excellent writing and critical thinking skills
We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity, Veterans and Disabled Employer.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com