The person selected for this position will work with a leading engineering and environmental consulting firm. Barr was named a 2016 Great Place to Work based on the results of a national comprehensive employee survey.
This is a full time position as a remote employee located in Denver, CO involving air quality permitting and compliance for clients specializing in the production, compression, transmission, and processing of natural gas throughout the United States. The successful candidate will lead project teams developing air quality permitting and environmental compliance strategies and associated information and documents; review operational functions and activities to verify that appropriate actions are developed and undertaken to achieve and maintain compliance; interface frequently with natural gas industry representatives and technical and information resource experts. The candidate will also be expected to participate and/or lead upstream and midstream natural gas industry business development activities.
- Bachelor's degree in civil, environmental, chemical, or mechanical engineering or closely-related scientific discipline
- 10 years of upstream and/or midstream natural gas industry professional experience working with federal air regulations such as New Source Performance Standards and National Emission Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants, federal air permitting programs, and state air permitting programs
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with project team members and clients
- Aptitude for developing client relationships, developing leads and opportunities and turning them into business
- A flexible working style and willingness to occasionally modify personal schedules as required to meet project deadlines and or client needs
- Strong networking skills and robust connections with natural gas industry representatives
- Demonstrated ability to work with team members in remote locations
- Demonstrated effectiveness in building working relationships and interacting with multi-disciplinary teams
- Demonstrated project organization and management skills
- Self-initiative and motivation with an emphasis on client service while cultivating a career in environmental consulting
- Demonstrated ability to fulfill commitments on schedule and meet clients' service expectations and requirements
- Strong technical and problem-solving skills, including attention to detail, accuracy, and completeness, as well as a commitment to producing high-quality deliverables
- Ability to travel to client locations and other Barr offices
- Legal authorization to work in the United States without the need for sponsorship
- Acceptable driving record
- 15 years of upstream and/or midstream natural gas industry professional experience working with federal air regulations, state air construction permitting, New Source Performance Standards, and National Emission Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants. Experience with upstream and/or midstream natural gas air quality permitting and compliance in North Dakota, Wyoming, Utah, Colorado, and/or New Mexico
- Engineering or scientific knowledge and experience in the upstream and/or midstream natural gas industries
- Ability to identify problem symptoms and causes, and develop and evaluate alternative solutions
- Knowledge of and familiarity with regulatory agency staff
- Ability to process complex or rapidly developing information to extract key issues and implications and develop appropriate strategies
- Familiarity with relationships between upstream and/or midstream natural gas operational function and environmental performance
Barr Engineering Co. reserves the right to consider other legitimate, non-discriminatory factors that are not specifically listed.
We require proof of eligibility to work in the United States. Barr strives to make www.barr.com accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance with completing the application process, please call 952-832-2600, or toll free at 800-632-2277. Barr is proud to be an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other lawfully protected status.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com