Dominion Energy is seeking an Environmental Consultant. This position is located in Glen Allen, VA. The successful candidate should have expertise in reviewing and analyzing complex environmental regulatory requirements that pertain to Clean Air Act (CAA) affecting all Dominion businesses.
Responsibilities to include:
- Influence regulatory changes to meet company business needs.
- Provide regulatory analysis of proposed and final federal and state regulations and lead or coordinate compliance teams to meet new regulatory requirements.
- Represent the company and advocate for its positions with regulators, technical advisory committees, and various industry groups on air quality and climate change issues.
- Prepare position papers and/or comments with a technical review on the scientific and regulatory aspects of proposed rules to achieve favorable outcomes.
- Effectively communicate complex issues to non-experts by developing executive presentations, guidance documents, alerts, workshops and work practices. Develop uniform company environmental guidance on how to implement programs for compliance with multifaceted environmental regulations.
- Develop and maintain positive and good working relationship with Federal and State agencies.
- Provide advice to business groups on best practices for reducing impacts on air quality resources from Dominion Energy projects and operations.
- Advocate for and assist with developing guidance and training materials on air and climate change issues.
- Provide expert advice on environmental issues pertaining to air and climate change topics to company personnel.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
We offer excellent plans and programs for employees. Employees are rewarded with a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package which may include: Health benefits with coverage for families and domestic partners, vacation, retirement plans, paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
You can experience the excitement of Dominion Energy - it's the difference between taking a job and starting a career!
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Experience
- 10+ years experience in environmental regulatory policy, including direct experience with air and climate change regulatory programs including but not limited to New Source Review, New Source Performance Standards (NSPS), Risk Management Plan, Title V and state operating permits, National Emission Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants (NESHAPs), ambient air quality standards, regional air quality regulations.
- Working knowledge of control technologies for reducing air emissions at power generation and natural gas infrastructure facilities.
- Working knowledge of air quality permitting and compliance processes.
- Experience with air and climate change regulations affecting electric power generation and/or natural gas transmission and distribution industry is preferred.
- Ability to independently prioritize work activities and meet deadlines.
- Working/expert knowledge of environmental regulations and regulatory development processes at the state and federal levels.
- Working knowledge of electric and natural gas business unit operations and how changing regulations may impact the business groups.
- Ability to manage multiple regulatory actions and other work activities simultaneously.
- Cognitive ability to quickly read, process and summarize large volumes of written material.
- Ability to write detailed, technically correct, persuasive comments on proposed environmental regulations and guidance.
- Excellent public speaking and communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to effectively interface with stakeholders within and outside company in regulatory processes.
- Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Respectful assertiveness to proactively ensure environmental compliance requirements are met or exceeded by others.
- Embraces collaborative problem solving.
- Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Adaptive to adjusting own actions in relation to others' actions.
- Ability to remain professional while delivering high quality reliable environmental services to internal and external customers.
Education Level: Minimum of a Bachelors Degree is required and demonstrated work experience in the environmental field.
Office Work Environment 76 -100%
Travel Up to 25%
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com