This position will work as a Fish Biologist for the Alpena Fish and Wildlife Conservation Office at the Trenton, Michigan.
NOTE: This is a TERM position, not-to-exceed 13 months. At management's discretion, this appointment may be extended up to the 4-year limit.
Learn more about this agency
Major duties at the full performance level will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Conducting biological surveys of waters for the preservation and development of fisheries on Federal properties
- Conducting studies of all factors affecting fish populations, such as food conditions, population balance, chemical and biological factors, quality of spawning areas
- Using automated data processing equipment to enter, process, and summarize fishery data for reports
- Preparing and presenting papers to the field
- Preparing Fisheries Management Plans for depleted fishery resources
- Assisting in developing fish stocking schedules
- Keeping alert to maintenance and repair of vehicles, boats, electrofishing gear
- Providing technical assistance inside and outside the Service
50% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com
$45,266 to $71,981 per year. Pay scale & grade GS 7 - 9.