KMEA is a multi-discipline environmental services firm expanding its contracts with the government and private sectors. We are seeking a full-time Environmental Compliance Group Leader for the San Diego region, experienced in conducting and managing government projects and private sector clients. Projects include environmental compliance activities such as performing sampling and analytical evaluations, inventories, audits, studies, investigations, engineering design and implementation, and obtaining permits. The candidate will also support our clients to achieve regulatory compliances with the following:
- Emergency Planning and Community Right-to-Know Act (EPCRA) 312 and 313
- Senate Bill 14 (Hazardous Waste Source Reduction and Management Review Act of 1989)
- Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA)
- Clean Air Act (CAA)
- Clean Water Act (CWA)
- Safe Drinking Water Act (SDWA)
- Asbestos Hazard Emergency Response Act (AHERA)
- Housing and Urban Development (HUD) guidelines pertaining to lead-based paint evaluations
- Navy Radon Assessment and Mitigation Program (NAVRAMP)
The candidate will have technical knowledge and/or experience in hazardous materials and waste management, potable water treatment, storm water, underground storage tank (UST) closure, landfill assessment and closure, pollution prevention (P2), environmental condition of property (ECP) assessment, air permitting, facility renovation and demolition, asbestos and lead abatement and air monitoring, and energy conservation.
The Environmental Compliance Task Order Manager should have project management skills and experience in cost estimating, planning, budget and schedule control, procurement, field work execution, technical report preparation, bid and proposal preparation, and report quality control. The candidate will lead and direct team members in performance of field work and office tasks, and may also perform some of these functions as required. The position is primarily office-based but does require some travel for field assignments. Responsibilities and job duties include:
Management and Performance Responsibilities
- Supervising 3-7 junior environmental engineers, coordinate schedules and review work product
- Preparing work plans, sampling and analysis plans (SAP), accident prevention plans (APP) and site-safety and health plans (SSHP).
- Assisting procurement staff and providing oversight of subcontractors.
- Serving as point of contact to clients and other stakeholders.
- Leading field teams and implementing/managing field work in accordance with approved plans.
- Collecting and managing field data and interpreting field and analytical data.
- Performing engineering or scientific calculations.
- Preparing technical reports and other client deliverables, including serving as primary author as required.
Required Education and Qualifications
- BS or MS in Physical Science (Geology) or Engineering Discipline (i.e. Civil, Environmental, and Chemical).
- Licensed professional status is highly desirable.
- Three years’ experience in management of task orders/projects.
- Five or more years’ experience in environmental consulting services.
- Good organizational, teamwork, and leadership skills.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Experience in preparing and authoring technical reports.
- MS Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook), PowerPoint; Familiarity and working knowledge of ArcGIS, AutoCAD, or other software is also a plus.
- Working knowledge of federal and state regulations, database applications, and/or environmental modeling work is desirable.
- Current Asbestos and Lead certifications highly desirable.
- Must pass drug test, MVR check and federal government background check.
- Must be a U.S. resident or have permanent citizenship.
- Must be able to travel up to 30% of the time for field assignments.
KMEA is an EOE and encourages qualified U.S. Military Veterans and other qualified Protected Class Applicants to apply. To do so please follow this link: https://www.appone.com/MainInfoReq.asp?R_ID=1868544