New Vision Wilderness - Bend is now hiring a growth-minded and energetic Program Director.
NVW is an intermediate level of care program for those who require an immediate intervention and intensive treatment. Our programs specialize in treating struggles associated with adoption, trauma, anxiety and addiction. We serve preteens, teens, young adults, and families in two locations: the beautiful Northwoods of Wisconsin and the majestic mountains of Oregon, right outside Bend. NVW is part of a growing, national family of programs (preteen-young adult, residential, transitional, intensive, etc.) with the same particular focus.
The core purpose of NVW-Bend is to Profoundly Change Lives and Create Joy . Our company core values are Empathy, Service, Trusting Relationships, and Growth. We are located in the beautiful mountain town, Bend, OR. We have a dynamic, fun, and enthusiastic team and the Program Director is a key driver of our culture. We offer a competitive salary (negotiable) and robust benefits package (health insurance, life insurance, dental and vision insurance, 401k match, paid time off, and more!). NVW-Bend believes in providing high quality, innovative treatment within a compassionate environment. Building healthy relationships with our students and their families is a special focus of ours.
- Access to endless outdoor activities including kayaking, mountain biking, skiing, fishing, climbing, and more.
- Canine therapy integrated into treatment
- Work with adolescents and emerging adult population
- Extensive learning opportunities for personal and professional growth
- Team building experiences throughout the year including a multi-day rafting trip!
- Trust and autonomy
- Professional development
- Opportunities for advancement in a growing family of programs
- Opportunity to become an expert in the field of healing trauma and attachment
- Flexible work environment and culture
- Work collaboratively as a member of teams for best outcomes
- Collaboration opportunities with 7 other leading Central Oregon Mental Health Programs
- Relocation/signing bonuses available for experienced candidates
- Proprietary CASA treatment model, with a unique relational and experiential approach.
- We are not a behavior modification program.
- Great compensation based on experience!
- Extensive benefits: health insurance, life insurance, free short-term and long-term disability, paid time off, 401(k), multiple holidays off, and more!
Job Eligibility, Responsibilities and Desired Skills
The NVW-Bend Program Director reports to the NVW-Bend Executive Director, Andrew Scott. The mission of the Program Director role is to first understand the core purpose, values, culture, norms and processes of Calo Programs before establishing these at NVW. The Program Director will prioritize program culture and norms, minimize risks, ensure student and staff safety, develop and grow people, build upon and optimize systems and processes, facilitate even better student treatment outcomes, create referral and licensing/compliance relationships, support a stellar customer engagement/relations system, and optimize the performance of NVW-Bend wilderness programming and wilderness operations.
The Program Director is someone who has managed people and teams with varying degrees of experience and professional development. The position requires a natural “customer focused” and “hospitality” mentality in order to meet the needs of referents, parents, employees, and students in an evolving market. This position requires an operator with superb management and relational skills and experience. Other requirements include...
- Desire to have fun and enjoy work
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as a team
- Natural Leadership
- Preferred: Basic knowledge of therapeutic processes and child, adolescent, and young adult development
- Time management and organizational skills
- Provide customer driven services such as receiving and responding to phone calls, e-mails, and inquiries in a timely manner.
- Building Trusting Relationships with our internal and external community.
- The Program Director must be at least 25 years old and possess a BS/BA degree in related field.
- Minimum of 5 year’s management experience in the adventure or outdoor field with at-risk youth, or comparable experience.;
- Excellent leadership, communication and problem solving skills.
- Must be able to pass a Background Criminal Investigation.
- Must hold a valid Driver's License with clean driving record.
- Program Director is responsible for the incident response system and occasional field support when needed
- Responsibilities also include completion of daily paperwork requirements, outreach, marketing, program alignment visits, and taking part in conferences. Up to 15% of schedule.
- Ability to self transport when the need arises is highly desirable (@.30 a mile).
- Ability to lift and carry 50+ pounds for extended durations and have the ability to walk at least 1 mile over uneven terrain // Ability to camp competently and safely in four-season conditions
- Must possess a current first aid and CPR certification; Certified Wilderness First Responder preferred
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com