East Lansing, MI
OBG (www.OBG.com), also known as O’Brien & Gere, is committed to creating a better future by making a difference each day. Advanced Manufacturing. Energy. Environment. Water. For more than 70 years, OBG has specialized in engineering and problem solving, but the Company’s greatest strength is creating comprehensive, integrated solutions for our clients. OBG – There’s a way.
Experienced Environmental Engineer
OBG is seeking an experienced engineer (6 to 12 years) with a BS/MS in environmental, geotechnical, or related engineering discipline to work out of one of our Midwest offices (Milwaukee or Chicago) as an environmental engineer. You will have the opportunity to continue to expand your career and make a direct impact with a team that addresses restoration of environmentally-impaired media, particularly sediment, soil, and groundwater.
- Plan, design, and manage a variety of environmental engineering projects, and organize and perform projects from inception to completion
- Tracking of milestones and deliverables with strong ability to prioritize multiple projects with competing deadlines
- Prepare proposals reflecting understanding of client needs, development of budgets and cost estimates, and managing established client relationships
- Apply engineering and scientific principles and concepts to area of specialization; able to draw solutions from education and formal training.
- Critical thinking abilities for analysis and group participation for development of reports based on evaluation of environmental data and application of regulatory criteria.
- Collaborate with interdisciplinary teams and clients to develop and implement multi-discipline solutions
- Support multi-disciplinary engineering design teams for sediment, soil, and groundwater remediation projects
- Preparation of contract/design drawings, project specifications and bid documents for remediation and industrial wastewater treatment systems
- Coordinate and conduct oversight activities for projects, including construction oversight and operation of treatment systems
- Communicate and negotiate with regulatory agencies on behalf of our clients
- Effective oral presentations and technical writing; work plans and reports; data compilation and analysis
- This position encompasses both office work (technical design, task management, data analysis, and report preparation) as well as field work
- BS or MS in Environmental , Geological, Geotechnical or related Engineering degree
- 6 - 12 years environmental consulting experience
- Registered professional engineer in one or more states
- Experience in the environmental consulting industry, ranging from site characterization through remedial implementation and site closure
- Experience with contaminated sediments including some or all work phases including remedial investigation, feasibility study, remedial design, and construction a strong plus
- Demonstrated history of collaborative regulatory relationships and driving projects to successful outcomes a plus
- Significant working knowledge of federal, state, and local environmental regulations and programs
- Strong team player that can manage and contribute to several projects simultaneously
- Experience mentoring junior or mid-level technical staff a plus
- AutoCAD and Civil 3D experience a plus
- Active participation in professional associations and other organizations
- OSHA HAZWOPER 40-hour certification preferred
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, race, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Equal access to programs, services and employment is available to all persons. Should an applicant require reasonable accommodation with the application or the interview process, please notify the Human Resources Department.
O’Brien & Gere is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer . All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com