The Environment, Health and Safety (EHS) Manager will lead the strategic initiatives to develop, deploy and continuously improve EHS performance of the facility. This position will champion a culture that is proactive, accountable, engaged and sustains a business where ZeroHarm is an achievable objective. Location with high EHS complexity.
30% Safety Leadership: Embed safety as a cultural element of the facility by providing visible safety leadership on the plant floor and champion proactive safety management systems. Drive awareness and accountability for safety performance through all levels of the organization. Assure compliance to internal and external requirements, manage risk and leverage opportunities and best practices regarding safety and environment.
25% Continuous Improvement: Coordinate and monitor behavioral based safety systems, human organization performance, industrial hygiene, ergonomic programs, risk assessments, fire safety & security, environment and incident investigations, root cause analysis and implement corrective actions to prevent personal injury and property loss. Provide new ideas and methods to improve safety processes. Collaborate with other facilities and share success stories and opportunities. Engage stakeholders to develop a culture of continuously improving performance.
25% Communication: Communicate and train effectively, the site leadership and stakeholders, in the development and implementation of enterprise and site specific safety processes. Champion stakeholder engagement and active participation with facility Joint Health and Safety Committee.
20% Reporting and Measuring: Manage the EHS record keeping requirements and prepare and organize EHS files for audits. Work collaboratively with plant operations to develop sustainable EHS programs and processes. Manage change to effectively implement strategies and tactics identified in reviews audits, permit processes, corporate initiatives. Plan, prepare and present annual EHS Cargill, enterprise and facility goals, objectives and results. Ensure the business is current with all regulatory requirements. Manage the EHS program up to corporate audit standards. Develop analytics to drive understanding of key issues/opportunities across the plant. Participate in management of the Worker Compensation process as needed.
Minimum Required Qualifications
• BS degree in technical environment or safety area (Safety, Ergonomics, Engineering) and / or equivalent experience (3+ years progressive related experience in health and safety field)
• 5+ years plant experience and 1+ years supervisory experience
• Strong listening / communication (verbal and written) with the ability to connect with a variety of audiences
• Strong people management skills including the ability to engage, develop and motivate a large workforce
• Ability to lead and influence others foster teamwork, and collaborate by holding self and others accountable. Deliver on commitments.
• Demonstrated team building and conflict resolution skills. Ability to drive innovation and change within the workforce.
• Experience with OSHA and environmental regulations
• Demonstrated ability to drive a safety culture Preferred Qualifications • Certified Safety Professional (CSP) designation
• Occasional evening and weekend work
• Available for call in on off shift hours in emergency situations
• Ability to work in manufacturing environment and provide leadership on the plant floor
• Ability to travel occasionally up to 20%
• Experience with waste water treatment system
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com