Clean Earth is one of the largest processors of contaminated soils, dredged sediments, drill cuttings, industrial non-hazardous wastes, aerosol cans, consumer commodities, and hazardous wastes. 98% of the material we process is recycled or beneficially reused. We are the industry's Trusted Solutions Provider.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in compliance reviews, general risk assessments and other safety assessments to support environmental, health, and safety (EH&S) management.
- Maintain relevant EH&S logs and documentation.
- Assist in the compliance of applicable laws and regulations.
- Prepare applicable EH&S reports as necessary.
- Provide assistance and advice on EH&S issues to make recommendations to facility management.
- Participate in incident investigations and Root Cause Analysis
- Assist in the development and presentation of relevant EH&S training
- Observe EH&S regulations, wear all required safety equipment, encourage safe working practices, correct obvious hazards immediately or report them to the proper personnel.
- Maintain positive and proactive relations with managers and employees, as well as our customers and regulatory agencies.
- Comply with all company and EH&S procedures and policies.
- Tour the operating areas on a regular basis to establish EH&S presence and provide support
- Conduct daily and monthly EH&S Meetings/Trainings and schedule as needed.
- Write, implement, and manage EH&S Programs, Policies and Procedures
- Perform facility EH&S Inspections
- Evaluate PPE and ensure proper use and maintenance of PPE
- Enforce compliance of Regulatory requirements (i.e. OSHA, EPA, etc.), including company EH&S policies and procedures.
- Oversee Hazardous Waste Storage area and ensure regulatory agency compliance i.e. labeling, containment, proper disposal, documentation, etc.
- Perform Storm Water Discharge sampling and document events
- Assist in emergency response and provide first aid treatment.
- Assist in developing Job Hazard Analysis (JHA)
- Follow Fall Protection program, inspect all fall protection equipment and maintain inspection records.
- Assist in administering and maintaining compliance programs such as LOTO, Hazard Communication, EAP, Hearing Conservation, Hot Work, Respiratory Protection, BBP, etc.
- Perform additional duties as assigned by EH&S manager.
Ideal candidates will possess the following:
- BS Degree in Environmental Sciences or equivalent.
- Minimum of 5 year experience in an Environmental, Health and Safety position; Technical writing a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Clean Earth offers salaries commensurate with experience and an excellent benefit package including health insurance and a 401(k) with company matching.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com