ENERCON's Kennesaw, Georgia office has an opening for an Environmental Specialist to serve our client's needs by evaluating, planning, organizing, and performing environmental consulting services.
The position will focus on site investigation and remediation. Duties may include:
• Performance of all phases of subsurface soil and groundwater site investigations and reporting
• Performance of all phases of environmental due diligence assessments and reporting
• Performance of groundwater monitoring and sampling associated with site investigations.
• Ensuring each project is conducted in accordance with ENERCON's Health and Safety Program.
• Ensuring each project is conducted in compliance with applicable Federal, State, and/or local regulations.
• Evaluating soil and groundwater laboratory data with applicable action levels or site-specific closure standards.
• Identification of remedial alternatives based on site-specific soil and groundwater laboratory data.
• Preparation of proposals and technical reports consistent with regulatory guidelines.
• Working directly with the Environmental / Geosciences, Due Diligence, and Compliance Leads to achieve client and ENERCON objectives
• Performing, coordinating and supervising field activities associated with site assessments. Requires local travel and on occasion 2-3 day trips.
As a qualified candidate, you will have the above experience and meet the below requirements:
• Bachelor's or Masters degree in Geology, Environmental Science, or Engineering preferred.
• Minimum 2 years environmental consulting experience
• Experience subsurface soil and groundwater investigations, groundwater monitoring and sampling, and remedial actions using varied techniques
• Computer skills including knowledge of MS Office Word & Excel.
• Problem solving skills and general scientific evaluation skills.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to maintain client and regulatory relationships.
• Ability to travel; duration of travel may vary depending on project and client needs; ranging from a few days to a few weeks.
This position requires a clear Motor Vehicle Report / driving history.
• 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER training.
• Safe Driving Record.
ENERCON is a 34-year old, consulting company, providing premier engineering and technical services to companies in the energy, utility, and industrial verticals, as well as to governmental agencies across the US and Internationally. ENERCON is an employee owned company with excellent benefits and career opportunities. To learn more about ENERCON and career opportunities at our other locations, visit us at www.enercon.com.
ENERCON does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com