Natural Resources Project Manager – Assistant Department Manager
Dewberry is currently seeking a Natural Resources Project Manager/Assistant Department Manager in our Parsippany, NJ office. The individual selected will be responsible for assisting in the management of the Natural Resources Department, with personnel in our Parsippany, NJ, Carlisle, Pa. and Boston, Mass. offices. The successful candidate will be capable of leading teams of Natural Resource professionals in preparing proposals, conducting field work, and writing/reviewing technical reports for a wide variety of public and private clients. With support from the enterprise, the successful candidate will drive business development activities, pursuing new clients and potential project leads, preparing proposals, cost estimates and contracts. Occasional overnight travel should be anticipated related to business development, project work, and/or attending/presenting at conferences.
- Business development and prepositioning activities, including client management.
- Coordinate and communicate across Dewberry’s Environmental Service Line.
- Proposal preparation and fee development.
- Quality Control and mentoring of staff.
- Monitor scope, schedules and project budgets.
- Manage environmental project work and interface with other design disciplines within the organization, as needed.
- Visit clients, job sites and consultant offices, as needed, to support project and business development goals.
- Create scopes of work, schedules, and budgets for projects.
- Work within and lead teams to successfully complete projects.
- Communicate and coordinate market development efforts and ideas.
Required Skills & Required Experience
- B.S. Degree in an applicable Environmental field and/or B.S. Degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering field is required; Advanced Degree(s) preferred;
- Project management experience required on a variety of projects, including public and private, small and large;
- Must have experience and desire for all areas of environmental consulting, including operations (budget development and management, P&L, etc.), business development (pre-positioning, client interaction, vertical marketing, etc.), and sales (contract negotiation, project pricing, etc.).
- A minimum of 15 years of successful environmental project management and supervisory experience is required.
- A successful track record of building business in the Northeast Environmental market.
- A successful track record of managing projects, including scope, schedule and budget.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong business development skills.
- Strong leadership / mentoring qualities.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com