ERM is seeking a Senior Air Quality and Compliance Consultant/Project Manager to join our growing Air Quality and Climate Change technical team in Annapolis, MD. This is an excellent opportunity for a senior professional to manage and contribute technically to challenging air quality compliance assurance, permitting, climate change, and related projects for power, oil & gas, chemical, energy, industrial, and public sector clients in the Maryland, DC, and Virginia region as well as throughout the US, and potentially international locations. The successful candidate will also network with ERM's national air quality and compliance based technical teams to share best practices and consulting opportunities, as you build a rewarding career with a global environmental leader.
- Manage strategic air permits and compliance assurance programs for a variety of industrial clients with complex technical/regulatory issues. Work closely with clients and develop strong relationships to understand specific processes and develop a permitting and compliance strategy to help clients maintain maximum operating flexibility. Achieve client’s expectations for scope, budget, schedule, and quality.
- Serve as a technical resource on air quality compliance assurance and permitting programs, including regulatory analyses of industrial facility operations; major and minor source air permit applications under NSR, PSD, Title V, and state-level regulations; and NESHAP MACT compliance programs.
- Interact with local regulators to steward permit application review and issuance.
- Perform EHS compliance audits and implement follow-up corrective actions to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local regulations.
- Manage and develop plans, permits, and procedures for air quality, hazardous waste, spill prevention, storm water, and wastewater.
- Prepare technical proposals and participate in business development with existing clients and identified leads.
- Build and maintain client relationships that generate repeat business.
- Capitalize on existing client relationships to expand ERM’s profile and market share in the regional air quality, climate change, and oil & gas, chemical, and power markets (through a combination of excellence in technical delivery and business development).
- Effectively manage project teams (including across multiple ERM offices), including appropriately delegating project assignments to project teams and mentoring junior staff.
- BS/MS in engineering (chemical, mechanical, environmental), environmental science, or related degree. PE license a plus
- 8 to 10+ years of relevant experience in air quality/compliance consulting.
- Effective management of multiple air quality and environmental compliance projects, and building client relationships that result in repeat business.
- Consulting experience working with Title V, PSD, NSR, BACT, and MACT
- Power sector experience desired.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and analytical skills; experience writing comprehensive technical reports.
- Established relationships with regulatory authorities and large, private-sector industrial companies.
- Local candidates preferred.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com