ERM is seeking a motivated Wetlands Scientist to join our growing team in Boston, MA or Providence, RI. The successful candidate will assist Project Managers on a variety of Environmental Impact Assessment projects to support our oil & gas, power, and mining sector focus. This is an excellent opportunity for an early career professional to join a growing and exciting technical team, as you build a rewarding career path with a global environmental leader.
- Conduct, lead and manage wetland delineations and habitat assessments to support permitting on local projects.
- Perform multi-media permitting and compliance associated with development projects with an emphasis on U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, and State Water Resource permitting.
- Provide technical assistance on NEPA environmental assessment (EA) and environmental impact statement (EIS) projects and related activities in support of ERM clients’ domestic and international development projects (e.g., oil and gas, power generation, electrical transmission, renewable/alternative energy, and Brownfields projects). Conduct tasks related to environmental impact assessment, land use planning, facility siting and permitting, risk assessment, and water resources management.
- Prepare EAs/EISs and associated management plans in compliance with NEPA and other applicable federal, state, and local requirements. Perform project delivery activities such as report writing, undertaking and organizing data collection, performing data and literature review, and developing recommendations for clients.
- Work within quality/budget/schedule expectations and scope-specific assignments.
- Communicate with subcontractors, regulatory agents, tenants, and clients during field activities.
- BS in wetland or soil science, environmental science, or related discipline; MS preferred. Minimum 3.0 GPA.
- Two to three years of wetland delineation experience, including with projects in oil & gas, power/utility or mining sectors.
- Experience assisting clients in obtaining multi-media permits and approvals for new or expanded facilities a plus.
- High degree of technical competence and knowledge NEPA regulations and policies.
- Effective written/verbal communication and organization/analytical skills; experience recording/writing detailed technical data and reports.
- Ability to multi-task, maintain flexibility, travel, and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated attributes to become a strong consultant – team player, eagerness to learn and grow, self-starter who takes initiative, versatile, and service-oriented mentality.
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record.
- Local candidates preferred.
Please submit your resume and brief cover letter below. Qualified candidates will be contacted by email, and requested to complete a pre-interview questionnaire. Based on review of these responses, shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews. Thank you for your interest in ERM!
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com