The person selected for this position will work with a leading engineering and environmental consulting firm. Barr was named a 2016 Great Place to Work based on the results of a national comprehensive employee survey.
This is a full-time position involving work with Barr's clients to coordinate environmental issues and specifically to oversee air-program compliance associated with the development, construction, and operation of industries throughout the United States. The successful candidate will lead project teams developing air quality permitting and environmental compliance strategies and associated information and documents; review operational functions and activities to verify that appropriate actions are developed and undertaken to achieve and maintain compliance; interface frequently with industry representatives, technical and information resource experts, and resource managers.
NOTE: Applicants must be able to work in locations that feature the rough terrain typical of construction sites and to enter and work within facilities that include limited accessibility, moving machinery, and other conditions typical of industrial facilities. Job assignments may involve work on waste disposal sites and sites requiring cleanup of hazardous materials. An OSHA-mandated physical exam may be required; safety training will be provided.
- Bachelor's degree in civil, environmental, chemical, or mechanical engineering or closely-related scientific discipline
- At least 10 years of professional experience working with federal air regulations such as federal PSD/NSR and Title V, state air construction permitting, New Source Performance Standards, and National Emission Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with project team members and clients
- A flexible working style and willingness to occasionally modify personal schedules as required to meet project deadlines and or client needs
- Demonstrated effectiveness in building working relationships and working with multi-disciplinary teams
- Demonstrated project organization and management skills
- Self-initiative and motivation with an emphasis on client service and cultivating a career in environmental consulting
- Demonstrated ability to fulfill commitments on schedule and to do what it takes to meet clients' service expectations and requirements
- Strong technical and problem-solving skills, including attention to detail, accuracy, and completeness, as well as a commitment to producing high-quality deliverables
- Ability to travel to client locations and other Barr offices
- Legal authorization to work in the United States without the need for sponsorship
- Acceptable driving record
- At least 15 years of professional experience working with federal air regulations such as federal PSD/NSR and Title V, state air construction permitting, New Source Performance Standards, and National Emission Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants
- Experience conducting best available control technology (BACT) or similar evaluations
- Engineering or scientific knowledge and experience in the power, refining, pipeline, ethanol, and/or mining industries
- Demonstrated organization and management skills
- Aptitude for developing client relationships and business
- Ability to identify problem symptoms and causes, and develop and evaluate alternative solutions
- Knowledge of and familiarity with regulatory agency staff
- Experience with petroleum refining operations and knowledge of the interrelationship between operational functions and environmental performance
- Ability to process complex or rapidly developing information to extract key issues and implications and develop appropriate strategies
Barr Engineering Co. reserves the right to consider other legitimate, non-discriminatory factors that are not specifically listed.
We require proof of eligibility to work in the United States. Barr strives to make www.barr.com accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance with completing the application process, please call 952-832-2600, or toll free at 800-632-2277. Barr is proud to be an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other lawfully protected status.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com