3M is seeking a Sr. Waste Business Transformation (BT) Business Lead/Environmental Engineer for the Corporate EHS Team, located in Maplewood, MN. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.
The person hired for this position will primarily lead BT activities required for implementing the 3M Waste Management SAP module. This person will also engage with, and eventually take more responsibility in, environmental waste management programs and regulatory implementation projects, in order to provide environmental compliance support for 3M facilities and divisions globally.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Business Transformation Duties:
- Providing leadership and direction for Business Transformation (BT) activities required for implementing the 3M waste management solution in all the manufacturing locations globally.
- Leading cross-functional teams from different businesses/staff groups and various countries/plants in a complex organization with differences in language, culture, and time zones.
- Partnering with manufacturing sites, corporate EHS, EHS IT, corporate staff organizations, SAP, MTD, and Division/Business groups throughout the global waste management module design and deployment process.
- Leveraging global resources in execution of project activities.
- Driving project to meet all critical gate review criteria and provide management updates as necessary.
- Providing required training, solution awareness and onsite and/or remote hyper care support to deploying sites.
- Compliance Duties:
- Analyzing regulations to determine waste management applicability and compliance implications, identify facility-specific compliance requirements and facilitate implementation.
- Communicating environmental compliance requirements to facilities and provide support to develop strategies and systems to maximize operational flexibility and assure compliance.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with relevant agency staff and engage as appropriate to resolve ambiguities or non-compliance with regulations or permits.
- Advising management of gaps and improvement opportunities in regulatory management process.
- Business Contact Duties:
- Serving as key contact person for all environmental issues and questions originating from business.
- Providing guidance to business on corporate goals/environmental metrics, and coordinate the sharing of best practices within business.
- Serving as a team member for internal environmental audits.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a science or engineering discipline from an accredited institution
- Minimum of two (2) years of waste management experience
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Environmental, Chemical, Civil, Mechanical Engineering or related discipline from accredited institution
- Minimum of two (2) years of waste management experience, preferably Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA) Generator/TSD experience
- Knowledge of SAP landscape
- Experience interpreting and managing non-U.S. waste management regulations
- Able to lead, influence, and inspire others
- Strong skillset in communication, project management, and handling multiple priorities
- Experience in leading cross-functional teams
- Ability to communicate with varying levels and functions within the organization as well as in one-on-one, small groups, and large audience settings
- Self-starter with the ability to multi-task
- Lean Six Sigma certification, along with two (2) years related experience a plus
- Experience coaching and mentoring employees
- Microsoft Office proficient
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com