We are seeking an Environmental Technician I that can, under general supervision, perform routine and frequent manual and heavy labor tasks to properly treat, store, pack, transport and/or dispose of hazardous waste in accordance with environmentally responsible and cost effective practices and company policies, practices and procedures.
• Consolidates material for shipped for off-site treatment.
• Completes paperwork properly and timely.
• May assist in maintaining inventory and storage of hazardous materials in accordance with appropriate regulations and policies, practices, and procedures.
• Follows and understands all Health & Safety /Job Safety Analysis (JSA’s) procedures as outlined in the procedures and policies.
• Operates fork trucks to move materials for storage and loading and unloading.
• Collects samples of inbound waste for analysis. • Performs other duties as assigned.
High school diploma or equivalent (GED).
One or more years related experience preferred.
Demonstrates strong attention to detail and ability to follow procedures.
Demonstrates knowledge of Hazardous Materials and OSHA Regulations.
Demonstrates the ability to operate a powered industrial truck, e.g., forklift and possesses safe driving record.
Demonstrates the ability to communicate effectively with internal and external customers.
Demonstrates the ability to listen to others, either internally or externally, and to respond effectively to ideas and questions.
Demonstrates the ability to interpret instructions furnished in written, oral or schedule form.
Demonstrates the ability to operate various equipment throughout plant, e.g., two-wheeled hand dolly, conveyor system, dock plate, etc.
Demonstrates the ability to wear PPE properly and sustain a steady work pace over an entire shift.
Demonstrates the ability to adapt to change quickly and effectively.
Demonstrates the ability to work with little or no supervision.
Demonstrates the ability to complete various paperwork requirements properly.
Demonstrates the ability to perform functions safely and productively and according to established policies and procedures.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com