About the opportunity
Our Sheridan, WY operation is seeking to fill the position of Natural Resources Lead. This position is a regular, full-time, salaried position, reporting to the Sheridan Office Director. Salary will be based on individual qualifications and experience.
If you thrive in the pursuit of excellence in environmental consulting services for your clients, then this could be the role for you! SWCA Environmental Consultants is expanding their team and looking for dynamic individuals who are following their passion in delivering the highest-quality project work.
What you will accomplish
- Develop strong relationships with existing clients while executing strategic analysis, marketing and sales for new clients
- Network within industry organizations to establish and expand the regional client base and revenue in the areas of environmental planning, permitting, and broad-based natural resources services.
- Identify and qualify sales opportunities (prospects and proposals), manage opportunities and make recommendations to Director.
- Support regional proposal efforts for large or strategic natural resources and environmental planning opportunities
- Build SWCA’s professional reputation and client base in the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA), the Endangered Species Act (ESA), Clean Water Act (CWA) and associated services.
Project Management and Business Operations
- Accountable for program-wide business development, the financial success of the natural resources program as a whole, and attainment of personal sales and productivity goals
- Conduct natural resource consulting services and directly manage large natural resources and environmental planning projects throughout the project management life cycle
- Ensure professional and technical excellence, and quality through project staffing and QA/QC assignments
- Accountable for profit and loss for program and Team Leaders
- Provide management plan/action plan for projects that are on an overrun track and ensure that the plan is implemented to avoid overruns
- Promote culture of accountability, budget and cost control, value creation and return on investment, and profit optimization
Leadership and People Management
- Provide highly effective, dynamic management and leadership to SWCA’s natural resources program and staff
- Promote a culture of teamwork, engagement, quality service and customer satisfaction
- Mentor team members within natural resource program
- Adhere to quality assurance, health and safety, and contract compliance
- Manage overall program workload
- Assistance with goal setting and monitoring
- Coach and Mentor NR staff
- Performance reviews for staff
- Managing resources - personnel coordination
- Hiring/firing recommendations and decision-making
- Communications with Project Managers
- Project performance reviews and audits
- Meet with Project Managers regularly to discuss personnel issues, resource allocations, etc.
- Meet with Project Managers to discuss overall project needs
- Directly provide and lead others in providing environmental services related to the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA), the Endangered Species Act (ESA), Clean Water Act (CWA), and other services;
- Through business and client development, expand the Sheridan client base and revenue in the areas of environmental planning, permitting, and broad-based natural resources services
- Be accountable for business development, the financial success of the program as a whole, and attainment of personal sales and productivity goals
- Contribute to or manage natural resource consulting services
- Ensure professional and technical excellence and quality through project staffing and QA/QC assignments
- Promote a culture of teamwork, engagement, quality service, and customer satisfaction
- Work closely with SWCA’s managers and directors in resource and support departments throughout the company to promote SWCA’s business interests in adherence with the company’s mission, vision, and values
Experience and qualifications for success
- A Master’s degree in environmental planning, environmental studies, environmental management, biology, ecology, or a related field preferred (Bachelor’s degree candidates with equivalent experience will be considered).
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience in project work related to natural resources services required.
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience at increasing levels of responsibility in management, including supervising and providing leadership for other professionals required.
- Demonstrated business development success and consulting acumen.
- Demonstrated expertise in federal, state and local laws and regulations related to the management of natural resources in the Western U.S.
- Demonstrated performance and achievement in business development, including substantial established credibility with federal and state reviewing agencies and clients, as well as success in proposal writing.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
SWCA Environmental Consultants is a growing employee-owned firm, providing a full spectrum of environmental services. With offices across the United States, SWCA is one of the largest environmental compliance firms and ranks among Engineering News-Record’s Top 200 Environmental Firms.
If you would like to contact SWCA regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the online application process due to a disability, please email email@example.com or call 800-828-8517. This contact information is for disability accommodation requests only. All other inquiries will not receive a response.
EOE - women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com