Arlington County's Department of Environmental Services is seeking an individual to support the Solid Waste Bureau in ensuring contracted service providers deliver high-quality trash, recycling and organics services and on-demand cart and special collection services for approximately 33,000 single-family and duplex customers weekly. This employee will also complete quality assurance reviews of Solid Waste Bureau operations and monitor the completion of contracted services.
Specific duties include:
- Reviewing work order tickets in a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) database, assigning tickets to the Contractor, and closing out tickets daily;
- Completing daily route inspections to evaluate the performance of tasks completed by Solid Waste Bureau Operations staff, submitting findings through CRM database, and entering quality assurance data into spreadsheets;
- Interacting with contractor's route supervisor, the Environmental Programs Specialist, and other staff in a professional and constructive manner, communicating any concerns or issues and submitting feedback regarding contracted and non-contracted service work;
- Investigating and addressing customer complaints and reports of Arlington County Code violations, issuing Notices of Violations (NOV's), and following up through Microsoft Office Suite;
- Using a County-issued vehicle/truck to collect recyclable or special materials from residents for delivery to Earth Products Yard or e-waste bins per customer requests; and
- Supporting recycling and waste management efforts at special events, and directing citizens/guests on recycling process.
The ideal candidate will have excellent oral and written communication skills in order to interact with citizens, contractors, supervisors, and other County staff, pay attention to details, have good organizational skills, use collaborative approaches to problem solving and conflict resolution, and have a commitment to sustainability and the environment.
Minimum: High School diploma or equivalent, plus two and one half years of experience providing direct customer service in a operations environment.
Substitution: Additional qualifying experience may be substituted for the education requirement on a year-for-year basis.
Desirable: Preference may be given to candidates with experience in one or more of the following:
- Providing direct customer service in an operations environment that provides recycling, waste management or related services;
- Performing field inspections/investigations in an operations environment;
- Problem-solving and conflict resolution through direct face-to-face customer interaction, by phone, and through correspondence; and/or
- Monitoring the work of contractors or other staff;
- The applicant must possess and maintain throughout employment a valid motor vehicle operator's license from the applicant's place of residence. The applicant must authorize Arlington County to obtain, or the applicant must provide a copy of the applicant's official state/district driving record. Any offer of employment may be contingent upon a favorable review of the applicant's driving record.
- The applicant must be able to lift light to heavy objects of up to 50 pounds, and work outdoors in various weather conditions.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com