Provide engineering and consulting services for a broad array of environmental projects and clients. This may include performing and/or leading environmental site investigations, engineering analysis, calculations and recommendations, design and development of plans and specifications, observation and inspection, and the writing, preparation, and review of related reports for the services provided. Identify, evaluate and recommend risk and remediation strategies/designs to ensure compliance with federal, state and local regulations. Prepare applicable permit applications, risk assessments and technical documents including proposals, reports and regulatory agency correspondence. Design systems and environmental protection plans. Apply sound engineering principles and be able to communicate complex engineering issues and concepts to technical and non-technical clients and project teams. Services may include Phase I/II environmental site assessments, ecological and natural resource field surveys, tank closure assessments, asbestos abatement, storm water management, and site planning and permitting.
Essential Role and Responsibilities:
- Follow safety rules, guidelines and standards for all projects. Participate in pre-task planning. Report any safety issues or concerns to management.
- Be responsible for maintaining quality standards on all projects.
- Developing environmental engineering professional; assignments are designed to develop knowledge and abilities.
- Assist in the collection and analysis of data from sampling, reports, maps, drawings, tests and aerial photographs to evaluate, plan and permit projects.
- Conducts water, soil and other sampling.
- Responsible for conducting analyses of component portions of projects.
- May lead and assist in performing site visits, field observations and field data collection or assignments.
- Implements technical requirements to complete client projects by directing field staff to sample, test and collect data and/or document site activities.
- Outline required investigative program(s) by selecting the proper alternative techniques to conduct site studies in field of expertise.
- Consult with other technical people and supervisor on routine and less complex projects.
- May have some direct interaction with client and project team in communicating services and findings.
- Perform basic calculations and engineering analysis.
- Drafts routine proposals and assists in the preparation of more complex proposals.
- Works under the supervision of a Professional Engineer.
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Engineering, Civil Engineering or related degree.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history.
- Engineer-in-Training (EIT) or Engineering Intern (EI) designation
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com