For more than 70 years, Brown and Caldwell has been creating leading-edge environmental solutions for public agencies and private industry. We strive to be the environmental company of choice—to our clients, who benefit from our passion for delivering exceptional quality, and to our employees, present and future, who share our commitment to client service, collaboration and innovation. Join us, and you will find a home where you can do your best work, reach new levels of expertise and enjoy exceptional development opportunities. As a privately held firm with over 1,500 employee-owners in 50+ offices nationwide, the opportunity awaits for you to advance.
- The ideal candidate will have strong technical, written, and verbal skills. We are looking for someone that is highly organized and capable of working with a diverse team of scientists and engineers on multiple tasks with competing priorities. The successful candidate will have a positive, can do attitude; will be flexible and self-motivated, creative and well-organized, and quality-oriented with attention to detail. Projects needing support include environmental compliance and permitting for private sector clients. Specific duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Regulatory Research and Documentation of the research
- Technical writing of permitting documents and project delivery
- Comfortable communicating directly with regulatory agencies
- Communicating environmental requirements directly to the project team and/or client
- Assisting with the preparation of technical memoranda and reports related to compliance and permitting
- Working independently and with teams to complete assignments with other team members in a virtual platform
- Ability and willingness to travel to support regional and national client teams (Could be in the field 50% of the time during the summer months)
- Performing project site visits outside the office
- Conducting audits and documenting field activities
- Interacting and communicating directly with clients on behalf of Brown and Caldwell
- B.S. degree in civil/environmental engineering, geology, environmental science, or environmental policy required with 0 to 5 years experience.
- Proficiency in Excel, Word and basic computer skills required
- Permitting and compliance experience preferred with knowledge of local, state and federal environmental regulations
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organization and communication skills with extreme attention to detail
- Ability to work in a team environment and manage multiple tasks
- Candidate should be a self-starter, results orientated and able to work under tight deadlines
- Candidate must have current driver's license and good driving record
- Candidate must be willing to travel up to 50% of the time
- Willing to work occasional overtime and/or off-hours as needed
Join, Grow, Have Fun
We’re growing and having fun while doing it. Brown and Caldwell provides a comprehensive benefits program and a culture that promotes employee performance and success. We recognize that you are looking for a career path with opportunities to grow personally and professionally. We have a strong focus on employee development and offer defined advancement through our Career Path Framework; tuition reimbursement; honorariums for papers and presentation as well as project management training (BC is a PMI Registered Education Provider). Our work environment promotes a flexible and collaborative culture, an extensive knowledge-sharing infrastructure and more. Our values of working hard and with integrity combined with learning, growing and having fun make Brown and Caldwell your employer of choice.
This position is subject to a pre-employment background check and a pre-employment drug test.
Brown and Caldwell is proud to be an EEO/AAP Employer-Minorities/Women/Disabled/Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com