The Program Manager is a key part of the managerial team that supports the overall mission, goals, and operation of the Arequipa Nexus Institute for Food, Energy, Water, and the Environment (The Nexus) by facilitating all aspects of project coordination among Purdue and partner researchers, stakeholders, and students. Purdue and the Universidad Nacional de San Agustin (UNSA) researchers will, over the course of this three-year partnership, collaboratively address key environmental, agroeconomic, and social challenges limiting the development of adaptive, profitable, and sustainable food-energy-water systems in the Arequipa Region of Peru. This collaboration includes a portfolio of cutting edge, interdisciplinary research projects that will operate in Arequipa and at Purdue University. Purdue’s Center for the Environment (C4E) in Discovery Park will be the administrative and collaborative link to UNSA in establishing the Nexus Institute in Arequipa.
The Program Manager will be primarily tasked with assisting The Nexus Director at Purdue. This may include working with other Nexus-affiliated Purdue and UNSA faculty and staff as needed, to coordinate and organize efforts to support the research projects, facilitate new engagement and collaboration with relevant community and academic entities, and help with organization and reporting for projects. The successful candidate will provide support for Nexus events, both on and off campus and be responsible for internal and external Nexus communications, deliverables, and related outreach activities.
The Program Manager will assist with development and management of the UNSA-Purdue collaboration entities, including:
- UNSA Foundry (Commercialization Center), which will facilitate technology transfer and entrepreneurship.
- Purdue-UNSA English Language Program, which is designed to build capacity at UNSA beginning with a comprehensive English Language Program to sharpen the writing and speaking skills of UNSA faculty.
- UNSA curriculum assessment program.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, Education, Management, or related field.
- 2 years of experience in program management and research.
- Excellent communication, both verbal and written, organizational and time management skills.
- Fluent in both Spanish and English, in both oral and written form, in order to communicate effectively with the community and academic professionals.
- Proficient in MSWord, Excel, PowerPoint, and/or Publisher and/or Apple iWORKS suite.
- Ability to work independently and within groups to develop, initiate, and run new and existing programs.
- Ability to multi-task and thrive in a changing, dynamic environment.
- Valid US or Canadian driver’s license.
- Coursework in Environmental or Sustainability Science.
- Experience in grant writing, designing and implementing research programs.
- Experience working with faculty, graduate and undergraduate students in an academic environment.
- Travel to Peru and within the US is required with the expectation of approximately 2 international and 2 domestic trips per year of up to approximately a week in duration each.
- Purdue will not sponsor an employment related visa for this position.
- A background check will be required for employment in this position.
- FLSA: Exempt (Not Eligible For Overtime)
- Retirement Eligibility: Defined Contribution Waiting Period.
- Purdue University is an EOE/AA employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com