Advisian is the independent consulting business line of WorleyParsons with more than 2,000 people in 19 countries. We provide solutions for clients in the Hydrocarbons, Minerals & Metals, Chemicals, and Infrastructure industries. We have combined the deep technical consulting capabilities of WorleyParsons Consulting, Select and INTECSEA with our existing strategy and management consulting expertise. As part of one of the world’s largest engineering firms, we continue to push boundaries and extend our capabilities globally. WorleyParsons is a company that prides itself on providing safe and high-quality services that exceed our customer’s expectations, which is why we manage some of the world's leading projects. Our aim is to recruit, develop, and most importantly, retain the people who share our vision and strategy.
Overall Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
· Grow the water business by developing and implementing Business Development plans defined by the Groundwater Director of North America;
· Keep abreast of local industrial/commercial/community business activities, plans and future developments;
· Foster and manage effective relationships with existing and prospective local clients;
· Focus on delivering excellence, meet and exceed client expectations and sell the broader service offerings of Advisian;
· Subject matter expert for groundwater on multi-disciplinary projects;
· Provide senior technical support to hydrogeologists in a variety of projects, including groundwater resource development, groundwater modeling, hydrogeological assessments, aquifer mapping, design, installation and testing of production and monitoring wells, contaminated site assessments, dewatering, groundwater monitoring, and contaminant hydrogeology;
· Conduct senior technical reviews;
· Mentor technical staff;
· Deliver local projects in accordance with sound project management principles (i.e., maintain project quality, schedule and budget); and
· Travel as required to foster development of the discipline across geographies.
· Master’s or Ph.D. Degree in Hydrogeology, or equivalent, from an accredited institution;
· Solid knowledge of hydrogeology and its applications in Southern California and other regions of North America;
· Excellent understanding of California regulatory requirements;
· 15+ years of experience in the consulting/engineering industry;
· Solid understanding of business development plans to deliver groundwater services with a proven track record of leading/delivering on sales targets;
· Proven track record of managing projects with a minimum of 10 years of experience as a project manager;
· Registration in California as a Professional Geologist and Certified Hydrogeologist;
· Member of professional and technical societies;
· A high level of business acumen, business development, and customer focus;
· Understanding of current water trends and influences on groundwater;
· Entrepreneurial and pro-active leader with a passion for building/growing businesses;
· Excellent English written and verbal communication skills with the ability to review and edit reports, documents and other client deliverables;
· Demonstrable commitment to HSE management; and
· Working knowledge of industry standard business support systems (i.e. project planning packages, cost management systems, ISO9001 quality management systems).
Advisian (part of the WorleyParsons Group) offers an excellent remuneration & benefits package, a friendly, professional, dynamic, and flexible work environment along with the opportunity to develop your career prospects within Canada, the United States, and overseas.
We strive to be an industry leader in health, safety and environmental performance. Our vision is to achieve zero harm to people and assets, and zero environmental incidents. We select people who share our values, beliefs and commitment to this vision and who demonstrate the expected behaviours, competencies and performance associated with their prospective roles within the company.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Advisian (part of the WorleyParsons Group) is an equal opportunity employer.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com