We are seeking an Air Quality/Environmental Engineer or Scientist for one of our Minnesota – Twin Cities offices. The successful candidate will primarily complete projects to assist a wide variety of clients with air quality modeling, permitting, and air quality compliance and reporting. Industry categories served include electric utilities, renewable energy, food/beverage production, agricultural products, miscellaneous manufacturing, papermaking, mining, and mineral products. Miscellaneous administrative tasks may be required.
For candidates with applicable skill sets or educational background, this position could be expanded to include a supporting role on multi-media environmental compliance projects. Tasks for environmental compliance projects could include program assistance for environmental laws and regulations associated with, but not limited to, hazardous waste, storm water, Tier II reporting, wastewater, and spill planning.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Approximately 0 – 10 years of environmental consulting experience or environmental engineering experience.
- Undergraduate degree in engineering, meteorology/atmospheric science or environmental science.
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Strong analytical skills and good attention to detail with the ability to recognize discrepancies.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills with both clients and project team members.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office software platform.
- Must be able to meet deadlines and put in the time needed to get the job done.
- Able to travel regionally, have short overnight trips, or other.
- Experience working with Local, State or Federal agencies.
- Experience with EPA default and other non-default air dispersion models a plus.
- Work exposure to one or more industrial facility categories; for example through an internship/co-op assignment, regulatory agency or prior manufacturing experience.
- Air dispersion modeling analyses, which includes, but is not limited to, model set up, meteorological data processing, building downwash analyses, and terrain processing.
- Prepare protocols, reports, and compile appropriate forms for air emission permit applications to authorize construction, modification, or operation of facilities.
- Prepare air emission calculations.
- Identify applicable environmental regulations.
- Assist clients in identifying appropriate monitoring, testing, record-keeping, and reporting protocols.
- Commensurate with education, training, and experience.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com