About the role:
Wilpinjong mine is located in the western coalfields of NSW (48km north-east of Mudgee) in Australia and produces a high-quality thermal coal for domestic and export markets. We currently require the expertise of an Environmental Coordinator.
Reporting to the Environment and Community Manager, the preferred candidate will assist in delivering the commitments and requirements of Wilpinjong’ s Environmental Management Strategy which has been developed to satisfy the commitments of the Wilpinjong Extension Project EIS and conditions of the granted Development Consent.
- Provide day to day environmental representation and support at Wilpinjong Coal;
- Manage and coordinate environmental data to satisfy both internal and external reporting requirements.
- Undertake routine environmental reporting
- Manage and coordinate environmental contractors;
- Coordinate site requirements to meet the objectives and commitments of the Pollution Incident Response Management Plan, Noise Management Plan and Air Quality Management Plan.
- Coordinate regular inspections and report on requirements to ensure environmental and statutory compliance;
- Contribute to the development of statutory reports/approvals including Annual Environmental Management Report (AEMR) / Annual Review (AR).
- Maintain communication with internal and external stakeholders, providing feedback as required;
- Identify, implement, maintain and communicate site’s environmental operating procedures;
- Coordinate National Pollution Inventory (NPI) reporting; and
- Undertake environmental projects as required.
- Bachelor of Environmental Science or equivalent
- At least one year within the mining or relevant industries in a similar role
- Ability to positively influence others regarding Environmental and Community Management
- Knowledge of NSW environmental legislation
- Experience in EMS
At Peabody, we:
- Commit to safety and health as a way of life
- Foster a culture of inspiration, innovation, leadership and collaboration
- Are committed to developing an inclusive and diverse workplace
- Offer a reward and recognition program
- Provide professional and technical development opportunities
- Support employees to achieve professional accreditation
- Care for the environment and the community we interact with
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com