We are looking to hire an Environmental Compliance Specialist to manage environmental programs and our special waste streams. This is an excellent opportunity with a growing company!
- Review and understand all permits governing the landfill and work with Region Engineer and Landfill Managers to ensure compliance.
- Review and approve industrial and special waste profiles against applicable rules and regulations to protect the landfill and facility personnel.
- Maintain relationships with landfill employees as well as consultants, vendors, customers generating industrial waste.
- Be primary point of contact with the waste screening protection program.
- Support the outside sales team with customer service.
- Review all monitoring reports and environmental plans (eg SPCC, SWPPP, GHG, Groundwater & Title V).
- Assist in landfill environmental reviews/audits.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Ability to follow established procedures with minimal amount of direct supervision.
- Understanding of landfill gas systems and/or well field technology.
- Ability to interpret documents such as safety rules, contracts, federal, state and local regulations, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to prepare reports at the state or local levels.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, interpret data and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Environmental Sciences, or related field.
- 8 or more years of practical environmental experience.
- The ability to travel up to 50% of the time (although less travel is anticipated).
- CHMM, CHMP or CHP certifications preferred.
- Some direct work experience in two or more of the following areas:
- waste/materials characterization
- environmental site assessments and remediation
- environmental audits
Successful candidates are those seeking a mix of field service and office work in an environment of operational excellence and accountability. We offer competitive compensation, excellent benefits, and unlimited opportunities to “Connect with Your Future.” Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veterans)
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com