Houston, Texas; Irving, Texas; Littleton, Colorado; San Antonio, Texas; Austin, Texas
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 20%
Reporting to the Energy and Environmental Solutions Operations Manager, works with the sales and operations team to develop and qualify energy savings projects. Acts as the subject matter expert on Siemens product offerings analyzing facility improvement measures using a variety of energy savings and financial modeling.
- Conducts facility site visits, analyzes current operations and produces facility improvement measure (FIM) plans
- Authors scopes of work and communicates with outside vendors as it pertains to facility improvement measures
- Works integrally with sales and operations in the identification, qualification, development, procurement and execution of performance contracts
- Performs preliminary and detailed facility audits to identify FIMS and/or opportunities
- Leads or supports the development of preliminary and final performance contracting proposals.
- Analyzes facility drawings and performs site surveys to identify mechanical, electrical, and control systems and determine facility operational characteristics
- Applies building energy simulation programs to develop energy, cooling, and heating load-building models using modeling software
- Develops design concepts and other written documentation to sales and management concerning recommended FIMs, including accurate descriptions, savings potential, cost estimates and back up data to verify FIMs
- Prepares financial models related to payment including an understanding of ROI, life cycle costing and internal rate of return
- Participates in client meetings and presentations
- Understands and evaluates energy supply side saving opportunities, trash management, water conservation, and co-generation for inclusion into performance contracts
- Creates performance assurance plans and assists with performance contracting contracts
- Cultivate positive business relationships
Required Skills, Knowledge, Abilities & Education:
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or other related field
- 5+ years energy related experience developing or supporting performance based projects and/or energy services
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; strong public speaking skills desired
Preferred Skills, Knowledge, Abilities & Education:
- Master's Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Certified Energy Manager (CEM) certification
- Professional Engineer or Certified Engineer in Training
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com