What are my responsibilities?
- Support the achievement of HSE goals and objectives by Lots and subcontractors through implementation of BACS HSE plans.
- Support the HSE Manager and team with planning, coordinating and implementing of effective HSE policies, guidelines and procedures to ensure that the department objectives are met.
- Monitor compliance with HSE requirements and mitigation of risk through control of at risk behaviors and conditions.
- Ensure that governmental legislation is being followed.
- Review health and safety reports analyzing compiled data to determine areas of improvement.
- Conduct inspections of the workplace ensuring safety standards are met and being enforced consistently.
- Manage non-compliance offenses of a high level.
- Participate and assist the supervisors, foreman and safety advisors in the investigation of incidents to determine root cause, and corrective actions where necessary.
- Review job site safety compliance inspections including hazard analysis, safe work procedures and write reports and recommendations.
- Research, plan, organize and conduct training programs/seminars for Lot specific training programs.
- Direct and review the analysis of accident and injury data, identifying the needs for new or modified occupational safety programs.
- Research occupational safety information to assure the best available methods and equipment are adopted to minimize the hazards in the work place.
- Advise on improvements in tracking and reporting procedures.
- Periodically act as a team leader to special task forces or teams.
- Provide training to managers and others on occupational safety issues.
- Provide support to Project and Operation team in all aspects of safety, occupational health, safety and environmental issues.
- Attend pre-job, planning and client meetings as required on HSE related matters.
- Act as liaison between Lots, CWJV and subcontractors within the assigned area and/or task.
- Provide support to the dept on the implementation of Company-wide HSE initiatives eg. ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001, etc
- Assist with developing HSE plans that comply with Company policies and procedures as well as client requirements
- Ensure training, tool box meetings, and drills are implemented as part of the company’s HSE program, i.e. emergency response systems, etc.
- Investigate and complete the process for close out of all Accident Investigation Reports and prepare/submit lessons learned to the HSE Manager for distribution across the project.
- Manage Safety Statistic reporting within the Lot and Subcontractors. Track and provide regular HSE performance reporting to the HSE Department.
- Assist in the development of project specific HSE procedures.
- Assist in the coaching, mentoring and implementation of the HS&E programs in the field.
- Organize and schedule required safety staff and first aid coverage.
- Ensure incident corrective actions are followed up on and completed.
- Ensure safety boards with postings including but not limited to: Health and safety policy, inspection and audit results, project hazard assessment, location of first aid, etc. are maintained and current.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Advanced knowledge of a field of environmental and/or safety engineering, process safety, health or related discipline.
- Knowledge of HS&E sciences/engineering systems, principles, and methodologies.
- Knowledge of construction planning, estimating, procedures, and execution.
- Experience in managing and/or providing technical oversight of HS&E contractors/subcontractors during construction.
- Knowledge of construction environmental issues, e.g., hazardous materials, waste management, erosion and sediment control methods, and restoration techniques.
- Knowledge of RMP’s organizational structure, functions, and administrative procedures.
- Knowledge of technical vocabularies and terminology common to industrial hygiene, health physics, safety engineering, and environmental compliance.
- Experience in implementing HS&E training programs.
- Written and oral communication skills in English.
- Proficient in MS Office including Outlook, Word and Excel
- Experience in rail systems installation highly preferred.
- A recognized degree in HSE, relevant engineering or management field from an accredited college or university.
- A sufficient number of specialized HSE courses from recognized international bodies.
- Prior practical work experience of at least 7 years with 3 years in a supervisory role, in environmental, safety and health.
How do I apply?
We are looking forward to receiving your on-line application. Please note: only complete application documents – including diplomas, certificates of employment or letter of recommendation respectively – can be considered in the selection process.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com