Louis Berger is an internationally recognized consulting firm that provides engineering, architecture, program and construction management, environmental planning and science, and economic development services. For nearly 60 years, we have been a devoted and trusted partner to U.S. federal, state, and local government agencies; national, provincial, and local governments; multilateral institutions; and commercial industry. To this diverse client base we bring strategic vision and an entrepreneurial spirit, developing innovative solutions to the world’s most challenging problems.
Our team is growing and we are currently seeking for an International Water and WW Expert for IPA — Technical Assistance for Project Preparation of Investment Projects (PPF6). The purpose of this Contract is to strengthen technical and administrative capacity of the Serbian administration in relation to the European Integration process and enhance effective and efficient management and absorption of EU pre-accession funds, with the special emphasis on development and preparation of energy and environment infrastructure projects.
The Water and Sewerage Expert activities will be related to the sub-projects:
- Kolubara Regional Water Supply System;
- Loznica Wastewater Collection and Treatment;
- Pancevo Wastewater Collection and Treatment;
The general activities and duties to be executed by the expert will include at least the following:
- Preparation of parts of project documentation as required by Project Steering Committee (e.g, project designs, feasibility studies, EIAs, CBAs, etc)
- Coordinate the work of project sub-teams and secure that all sub-projects are prepared in full compliance with the project-related Serbian legislation especially those concerning public procurement procedures;
- Design and manage a suitable workplan for the sub-project teams to follow and provide necessary guidance on the compliance of their outputs in terms of quality and formats, in line what is prescribed by PRAG/FIDIC and recommended by JASPERS if needed;
- Compile all outputs of non-key experts and prepare draft documentation for further processing by PPF6 Key Experts;
- Maintain close relations with the project beneficiaries in a way the work is carried out under their auspices and in full ownership – all potential differences of opinion with the beneficiaries should be left for discussion in the presence of PPF6 Key Experts;
- Provide continuous update on project progress to PPF6 Key Experts especially on the conditions hampering the advancement of the preparatory works and provision of project necessary inputs;
- Suggest in timely fashion to the sub-project teams and PPF6 Key Experts appropriate mitigation measures to avoid potential project risks;
- To participate in the capacity building component of the PPF6 project.
- University degree in Civil Engineering (Hydraulic and Environmental Engineering);
- Professional level of English, both spoken and written;
- Computer literacy (Auto-Cad design and MS Office applications).
- Minimum 7 years of working experience in the field of expertise for which the expert is mobilized;
Specific professional experience: (50 points)
- Experience in project planning, development and assessment with specific references in design and modelling of water supply distribution networks and sewerage and urban drainage;
- Experience with preparation of at least 3 Feasibility Studies with Cost Benefit Analysis for infrastructural projects with reference to the water supply and treatment and wastewater collection and treatment.
- Previous experience in EU financed PPF is an asset.
Knowledge of Serbian language is an asset
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com