ICF is currently seeking a full time Project Manager/Senior Planner to support NEPA and SEPA compliance and documentation, and transit/transportation planning in our Pacific Northwest Region. This person will be responsible for the timely management, development, and delivery of accurate and high quality environmental documents for natural resource and infrastructure projects in compliance with the requirements of NEPA and SEPA. In addition to environmental analysis and documentation for projects requiring compliance with NEPA and SEPA, this person will be responsible for managing and overseeing staff supporting various processes and critical paths common to these types of projects (e.g., scoping and public involvement, agency consultation, comment review and response). The position can be based in one of our Pacific Northwest Branch offices (Bellingham, Seattle, Olympia, or Portland), but travel will be required if located outside the Seattle metropolitan area. Our offices in Washington and Oregon provide environmental compliance, planning, policy, permitting, and other services to clients in the Pacific Northwest. Currently, staff in the region work on a variety of projects. This includes federal, state, and local compliance and permitting for ports, energy generation and transmission, rail and transit, roadways and trails, habitat conservation plans, industrial development, and other projects pursuant to the Washington State Environmental Policy Act (SEPA) the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA), and other laws and regulations. We also perform technical services including biological surveys and studies, wetlands delineation and determinations, cultural resources surveys, and other resource-related studies across a range of disciplines.
- Coordinate with agencies, applicants, and project staff to manage and prepare clear, concise, and accurate environmental documents and supporting technical studies for natural resource and infrastructure projects.
- Facilitate timely and effective compliance with the process requirements of NEPA and SEPA.
- Oversee all aspects of project management, including client contact, cost estimating and budget control, invoicing, schedule, project staffing, technical approach, and quality control.
- Provide technical expertise in selected disciplines and apply understanding of the regulatory requirements to support project delivery.
- Identify and participate in strategic business development pursuits and contribute to business development growth, including client meetings, proposal preparation, interviews, and developing scope, schedule, and budget.
- Master’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in environmental management, environmental science, urban planning, public policy, or related subjects
- At least 10 years of NEPA and SEPA experience with experience managing projects in Washington and Oregon
- Proven project manager with multiple clients, and with ability to provide technical approach, scope and budget, and schedule coordination and management
- Demonstrated ability to successfully coordinate and manage interdisciplinary teams of technical and regulatory experts
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail, including experience developing and maintaining project technical approach, schedule, and budget
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task under strict deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to function independently with minimal management or oversight
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Experience in an environmental consulting setting with transit/transportation planning and/or managing NEPA/SEPA reviews of transit/transportation projects (e.g., passenger rail, freight rail, bus rapid transit, highway expansion)
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of NEPA, SEPA, and other environmental regulations
- Experience serving as Project Manager for NEPA and SEPA reviews and leading the development of required documentation including EISs, EAs, Categorical Exclusions, Categorical Exemptions, etc.
- Experience working with FTA and FHWA as lead federal agencies
- Experience working with WSDOT, including WSDOT ECS process
- Experience working with ODOT, including Regions 1 and 2
- Experience working with transit agencies and MPOs in Washington and Oregon such as Sound Transit, Tri-Met, and Metro
- Experience working with Washington and Oregon counties including King, Washington, and Multnomah
- Experience working with ports in Washington and Oregon
- Strong leadership, analytical, and people skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills across diverse audiences
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail, including ability to prioritize and successfully multi-task under strict deadlines
- Strong problem-solving skills and demonstrated ability to succeed with new and challenging tasks, often under deadlines
- Proven ability to identify and meet the needs of clients within established guidelines
- Collaboration with project teams and clients to achieve high-quality project delivery
- Organization of written work in a manner that is clear, easy to follow, and tailored for the intended audience
- Sense of humor, ability to motivate teams, and commitment to product quality and consistency
About ICF International
ICF (NASDAQ:ICFI) is a global consulting and technology services provider with more than 5,000 professionals focused on making big things possible for our clients. We are business analysts, policy specialists, technologists, researchers, digital strategists, social scientists and creatives. Since 1969, government and commercial clients have worked with ICF to overcome their toughest challenges on issues that matter profoundly to their success. Key markets and practices include environmental planning and policy development, impact and risk assessment, evaluation and compliance, and restoration and conservation. ICF works at the center of environmental and sustainable programs, helping clients consider the impact of economics, health, policy, culture, and climate on the world’s ecosystem. To explore global career opportunities in ICF’s environment and climate programs, visit www.icf.com/careers.
ICF offers an excellent benefits package, an award winning talent development program, and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce. ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EEO/AA – Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities) For a listing of other career opportunities at ICF, please visit our Career Center at https://careers.icfi.com.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com