TRC Companies, in partnership with NYSERDA is seeking a Project Manager or a Senior Project Manager to assist with the implementation of NY-Sun's Solar Market Acceleration, with a particular focus on outreach and educational efforts, policy research, project management, schedule coordination, stakeholder engagement, material development, and on-time completion of deliverables.
Primary responsibilities will include assisting, conducting or leading some or all of the following activities as appropriate to the individual's experience:
- Develop and manage interventions and strategies that overcome solar energy market barriers and accelerate the scale and penetration of solar energy in New York
- Support solar energy policy, market, financing, and regulatory projects through data collection, literature reviews, industry interviews, writing and spreadsheet analysis
- Provide trainings and presentations at workshops, conduct outreach and provide one-on-one technical assistance for local governments across New York State
- Support the development of written resources, reports, summary papers, case studies, technical briefs, and web-based materials in local governments and sister agencies to define opportunities and deploy solutions in order to tackle solar energy market barriers that are prohibiting greater solar energy uptake
- Develop and maintain relationships with customers, service providers, stakeholders, trade associations, utilities, and the regional and national organizations (federal agencies, national laboratories, industry, academia, non-profits, and others)
- Facilitate workshops and working group meetings with diverse stakeholders from the public and private sectors, as well as complete projects and deliverables with input from the working group
- Oversee the work of consultants, engineers and other technical contractors, including writing statements of work, issuing contracts, budgeting and invoicing
Skills needed for this assignment include, but are not limited to:
- Strong project management skills with the ability to set priorities, collect and document project requirements, successfully handle multiple projects simultaneously, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to be a quick and eager learner of new material and think holistically through complex problems, with technical and non-technical components
- Demonstrated problem-solving ability with a proactive and collaborative style that works well in teams
- Top-notch presentation and interpersonal skills that resonate with audiences of different backgrounds; the ability to communicate persuasively, concisely and unambiguously in speech and writing
- Exceptional organizational, time-management and planning skills
- Ability to work independently as well as to collaborate with multiple stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to develop relationships with key stakeholder groups
Proven experience with or knowledge of one or more of the following:
- New York State energy policy and solar programs and incentives
- Policy research and writing
- PV installation processes and financials
- Knowledge of planning, zoning and permitting issues at a local level
- 10+ years' experience of project management experience in or related in solar energy policy, outreach. Prior experience with New York State energy policy highly preferred.
- Has in-depth analytical and technical expertise to act as duty subject expert in a technical or programmatic area. Has demonstrated sound judgment based on extensive experience. Has extensive awareness of social, economic and environmental contexts of energy technology of Deployment issues.
- Has demonstrated capability to build/maintain a new multi-project program in at least one program element involving several interrelated projects to meet a technical or program goal.
- Has demonstrated ability to obtain co-funding or leverage private resources for projects with little or no assistance from the supervisor.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com