The Environmental Specialist is responsible for handling the collection, transport and processing of various facility waste streams in adherence with Pharmaceutical policies, procedures, and programs as to ensure compliance with local, state, and federal environmental, health and safety regulations.
-Hazwoper / RCRA Certification
-Material Handling experience preferably in a manufacturing environment
- Collect hazardous and nonhazardous wastes generated daily by the various laboratories, manufacturing processes, maintenance operations, construction areas, and other waste generation locations within plant.
- Move full drums of hazardous, nonhazardous, and pharmaceutical waste from the locations outlined above to designated waste storage locations.
- Transfer hazardous and nonhazardous wastes from collection containers to intermediate bulk containers and/or drums.
- Transfer non-hazardous waste water from tank collection systems to drums & move full drums of waste from the waste storage locations to load onto van trailers.
- Ensure all drums are properly closed, labeled, and in compliance with transportation regulations.
- Provide assistance with chemical spill cleanup as needed.
- Assist in the collection, shipment, and management of universal waste.
- Prepare manifest shipments of hazardous waste, nonhazardous waste, pharmaceutical waste, and infectious waste for destruction.
- Perform surveys and inspections of waste storage areas and other areas as assigned to ensure compliance with various environmental regulations and spill prevention plans. Prepare any necessary report of findings and forward to site Environmental Engineer for review.
Tell Aerotek that you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com
We connect people to a wide range of environmental jobs relating to land development, compliance, disaster recovery and insurance restoration. Skilled candidates ranging from environmental engineers to health and safety professionals enjoy a diverse range of opportunities to advance their careers. We partner with each candidate and client to find the placement that’s right for them.