Education and Experience: Experience equivalent to one year of fulltime wildlife conservation, forestry, farming or closely related work; qualifying coursework at an accredited college or university may be substituted for the required experience on a year-for-year basis.
Necessary Special Qualifications: Applicants for this class must:
- possess a valid motor vehicle operator's license at the time of appointment in some positions.
- upon appointment, successfully acquire a valid commercial driver's license/endorsement in some positions.
Examination Method: Education and Experience, 100%, for Preferred Service positions.
Summary: Under general supervision, performs wildlife conservation work of average difficulty; and performs related work as required.
Distinguishing Features: This is the entry/working class in the Wildlife Technician series. Employees in this class perform wildlife conservation work in one of the following specialty areas: creel surveys, state lake operation and maintenance, fish attractor construction and fish data collection, wildlife area operation and maintenance, or hatchery operation and maintenance.
- Integrity and Trust
- Ethics and Values
- Action Oriented
- Time Management
- Learning on the Fly
- Technical Learning
- Decision Quality
- Problem Solving
- Working knowledge of wildlife and fisheries habitat management or a related field.
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair and maintenance.
- Basic knowledge hunting, fishing, and trapping regulations.
- Basic computer knowledge and use for administrative duties.
- Basic knowledge of hunter safety and firearm use.
- Basic knowledge of safe handling of sick or injured wildlife.
- Finger dexterity
- Manual dexterity
- Hand arm steadiness
- Critical thinking skills.
- Active listening and learning skills.
- Oral comprehension
- Oral expression
- Depth perception
- Multilimb coordination
- Trunk strength
- Near vision
- Speech recognition
- Written expression
- Handling and moving objects
- Problem solving abilities
- Judgment and decision making
- Equipment selection
- Reading comprehension
- Deductive reasoning
- Establishing and maintaining interpersonal relationships
- Time management
- Written comprehension
Closing date and time: 1/16/2018 at 11:59 PM Central Time
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com