Position Summary: Designs and implements strategic public outreach campaigns for the City of Aspen‘s Climate Action division, with the goal of increasing program adoption.
Supervision Exercised and Received: Position is supervised by the Resource Efficiency Administrator.
Essential Job Functions:
- Research, develop and execute outreach campaigns and initiatives that are audience focused, with the goal of behavior change, program adoption, and public engagement.
- Write and publish a wide range of concise, accurate, and persuasive communications, including: website content, social media posts, newsletters, flyer/brochures, press releases, tweets, and emails.
- Track program engagement and behavior changes through the collection of basic program data, and adjust programs accordingly. Determine metrics for effectiveness of marketing efforts and report periodically on marketing results relative to established metrics.
- Organize, facilitate and participate at public events, to engage the community in projects and programs.
- Develop and foster community partnerships with local businesses, organizations and individuals to support the implementation of the department’s programs and projects.
- Act as a representative of the Climate Action division, actively communicating current initiatives in-person, on the phone and via email. Acts as first point of contact for public comments and questions.
- Schedule and organize events/meetings with partner groups. Organize staff and city council roles and responsibilities at events.
Core Competencies Displays the following key competencies in the overall job performance to include knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, designing forms, and other office procedures.
- Knowledge of general business and project management principles and practices as applicable to assigned work.
- Ability to articulate complex, scientific ideas to a variety of audiences, including the public
- Ability to communicate concisely and effectively through a variety of methods, such as email, social media, written reports, grants, and verbally.
- Ability to communicate clearly when in a team setting, as well as actively listening to the ideas of others, in order to achieve established outcomes.
- Ability to effectively and efficiently provide satisfactory customer service and possess ability to take necessary steps to assist customers with their needs.
- Ability to use a variety of resources to communicate with and engage the community in climate action initiatives.
- The ability to work independently and complete a project without close supervision or detailed instruction.
Other duties as assigned.
Education: Associates Degree in Marketing, Communication, Outreach, Environmental Science or related field.
Experience: Three (3) years of experience in Marketing, Communication, Outreach, Environmental Science or related field.
Technical Knowledge: Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Email.
Licenses & Certifications: Must possess a valid Colorado driver’s license or be able to obtain one within 30 days of start date.
Closing date and time; 3/5/2018 at 11:59 PM Mountain Time
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com