POSITION: Pest Monitor and Field Data Collector
STARTING DATE: Immediately. Resumes accepted until suitable candidates are selected.
Davey Resource Group (DRG), a division of The Davey Tree Expert Company, has an opportunity in the field of urban forestry as a pest monitor. This is a one year opportunity that will run from the beginning of January through the end of 2018, with potential for long-term appointment.
POSITION LOCATION: Los Angeles/Orange County Region. Periodic travel after initial orientation.
● Pest identification and monitoring
● Perform tree assessments and field inventories
● Collect data using field computers and data collection software
● May include construction monitoring and tree protection
● Comprehensive arbor pest management knowledge and/or experience
● Available for swing shift/overnight work schedule and travel, as needed
● Two or four year degree in horticulture, forestry, urban forestry, environmental sci. or related discipline
● International Society for Arboriculture (ISA) certified arborist required and ability to obtain, or currently possess, Tree Risk Assessment Qualification (TRAQ)
● Background/experience in urban forestry or landscape architecture, and data collection/field computers
● Strong knowledge of/experience in the following: arboriculture, tree preservation, tree root patterns and morphology, pest identification and management, tree care operations, large tree transplanting, and forest and landscape plant identification (including trees/shrubs)
● Organizational skills, excellent communication skills, technical report writing, and attention to detail
● Ability to work closely with design and construction management teams
● Ability to work and hike in rugged terrain and in inclement weather
● Ability to work independently and under remote supervision
● Self-driven desire to improve processes and procedures for client and company goals
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Full time position. Wage depends on qualifications and experience. DRG offers competitive wages, incentive programs, excellent benefits and F/T positions include option to buy Company stock after 1yr, access to industry related training materials and Davey Extension Courses.
Pre-employment drug screen and Social Security Number verification required. The Davey Tree Expert Company and DRG are employee owned and are Equal Opportunity Employers.
CONTACT: Email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit Davey’s website for additional job opportunities and company information.
The Davey Tree Expert Company has U.S. and Canadian operations in more than 47 states and five provinces and provides a variety of tree care, grounds maintenance and consulting services for the residential, utility, commercial, and government markets. Founded in 1880, Davey has been employee-owned for 35 years and has more than 8,000 employees who provide Proven Solutions for a Growing World. For more information, visit www.davey.com