Position: Utility Vegetation Management Dispatcher — Miami, FL #23662
Starting Date: Immediately. Applications accepted until suitable candidate is selected.
Who we are:
The Davey Resource Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is passionate and relentless in our pursuit to help our utility clients deliver safe and reliable power to their customers and maintain national security. It’s all about technology and great people. Not the standard great person, but those who love being the best, being a part of building something, and those who want to create change, love what they do and the people they do it with. We are currently hiring Arborists, Foresters, Horticulturalists, Natural Resource Specialists, along with plant and outdoor enthusiasts to join our team. Various full time positions available include; Entry level, special projects, and supervisory roles. Candidates who have positive attitudes excellent communication skills, critical attention to detail, thirst for knowledge and are team-players may apply. Military Veterans are also encouraged to apply.
What You’ll do:
• Contribute to a major utility’s Vegetation Management department through:
· Receiving and coordinating utility customer calls.
· Dispatch electric utility forestry management needs.
· Coordinating with Project Managers, Planners, and Vegetation Crews.
• Unscheduled overtime during major storm events which may include weekends.
• Occasional on-site work with field planning staff. Special projects as assigned.
• -Standard office tasks such as documentation and record keeping.
What you’ll need:
• Candidate must be reliable, well spoken, attentive to details, computer savvy and have the ability to adapt to changing situations and be a team player.
• Extensive experience with Microsoft Office Suite is needed to perform job duties. Applicant should be proficient in internet based tools and technologies or willing to learn.
• The ability to organize, prioritize and the ability to work with a variety of people in different functional areas. Ability to work independently and effectively manage time.
• Bilingual in English and Spanish is greatly desired.
• Prior dispatching experienced desired, such as but not limited to emergency dispatching, utility vegetation management or transportation.
What you’ll get:
• Career opportunities that are tailored to your objective.
• A recession-resilient career.
• A company repeatedly recognized as a top performer.
• An innovative and success driven work environment.
• The opportunity to work in this country’s great outdoors.
• Great teammates that will help support your professional growth.
• Managers who empower and genuinely care about each team members’ success.
• The resources you need to excel and grow through the Davey Institute of Tree Science.
• An excuse to be enthusiastic every day.
• Company vehicle for commuting purposes & cell phone.
• Competitive wages & excellent benefits. Pay rates based on qualifications & experience.
• Opportunity to work for and become an employee-owner with the #1 100% employee owned service company in the country.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Compensation based on qualifications and experience. DRG offers competitive wages, excellent benefits and full-time position includes option to buy company stock after one year. Access to industry related training materials and Davey Extension Courses. Pre-employment Drug Screen and E-Verify Social Security # verification required. The Davey Tree Expert Company and Davey Resource Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Davey is Employee Owned. Military Veterans are encouraged to apply.
If a career with Davey excites you, please apply for #23662 on JOBS.DAVEY.COM or by sending your resume and cover letter to:
Email: Forestry.Careers@davey.com Phone: (800) 828-8312 x8039
Subject: Utility Vegetation Management Dispatcher — Miami, FL #23662
Visit the Davey Careers Website: JOBS.DAVEY.COM for other job opportunities and company information.
The Davey Tree Expert Company has U.S. and Canadian operations in more than 47 states and five provinces and provides a variety of tree care, grounds maintenance and consulting services for the residential, utility, commercial, and government markets. Founded in 1880, Davey has been employee-owned for 35 years and has more than 8,000 employees who provide Proven Solutions for a Growing World. For more information, visit www.davey.com