Job Role Summary
ExxonMobil– Upstream Research Company has an immediate opening for an environmental engineer or scientist in its Environmental Technology group. The Environmental Technology group is a multidisciplinary team of engineers and scientists who work closely with business units to discover, develop, and deploy cutting-edge environmental technologies. Areas of research possibly include oil spill response technologies, environmental genomics, remote sensing, air emissions monitoring and control but a focus on oil spill response technologies is preferred. The work environment is agile and collaborative. Candidates have the opportunity to work in partnership with researchers, scientists, and engineers across the organization as well as external collaborators.
Environmental engineers and scientists have the opportunity to explore new ideas, develop new insights, and guide directions that address technical questions critical to maintaining the company’s environmental leadership.
Job Role Responsibilities
- Interface between internal and external companies, consultants, regulators, and academics to:
- Develop and advocate methodologies to ensure good environmental stewardship
- Conduct conceptual feasibility studies for new research areas
- Evaluate third party-developed technologies, and work with developers to enhance and adapt them to ExxonMobil's needs
- Plan and conduct field work to address a variety of issues linked to environmental stewardship
- Review and/or contribute to technical reports and publications in environmental applications
- A PhD in Chemical Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Environmental Science, Marine Science, Molecular Ecology, Bioinformatics, Toxicology or a closely related field.
- Experience in laboratory work, analytical chemistry, and field sampling coordination, techniques and strategies
- Excellent numerical analysis skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- The ability and flexibility to travel to various sites for field or laboratory activities
- The desire to grow knowledge and expand into new technical areas, and work across disciplines and organizations.
- Candidates who have a background in oil spill response related research or direct oil spill response involvement will be strongly considered. Relevant experience includes the following
- Developed and led lab or field research on oil spill fate and effects
- Participated in oil spill response exercises / drills / actual events as a responder or researcher
- Record of publications on oil spill response subjects
ExxonMobil is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com