Louis Berger is seeking a Hydrogeologist/Manager focused on environmental site investigations and remediation. The ideal candidate will have an undergraduate degree in geology or hydrogeology, and an advanced degree in geology, hydrogeology, or engineering hydrology. The successful candidate must demonstrate a sound knowledge of hydrogeologic and geologic principles and methods as well as understanding of contaminant fate and transport processes in groundwater. The candidate should be skilled in compilation and manipulation of databases, scientific writing (reports and journal articles), project planning/scheduling/execution, and will have successfully managed a team of staff-level employees. The position will include some field work and overnight travel.
The successful candidate will have the following:
Experience with water resource exploration and development for private or municipal clients, including but not limited to watershed mapping, identification of drilling locations, water supply testing, and water resource protection planning.
- Successful project execution (financial and technical achievement) within a consulting framework.
- Strong project financial management skills, familiarity with project budgeting, contracting, and invoicing.
- Demonstrated understanding of/experience with contaminant transport in fractured rock and the principles of matrix diffusion.
- Experience with emerging contaminants (e.g., PFOA/PFAS, GenX) to include the execution of sampling programs for site characterization and/or remedial evaluation/design.
- Experience with groundwater modeling using MODFLOW, GMS, MT3D, etc.
- Current OSHA 40-hour HAZWOPER training and refresher certification and current medical clearance for hazardous waste site work.
- Experience with using graphical and statistical analysis software beyond standard MS Excel® (JMP® software and the Analysis ToolPak® add-in to MS Excel® are examples)
- Experience with geographic information systems (GIS) software such as ArcMap.
- Preference for professional geologist (PG) license, or equivalent, in any state with ability to gain licensure in other states.
- Must possess a BS degree in Geology or Hydrogeology, advanced degree in Geology, Hydrogeology, or Engineering Hydrology preferred, with at least 15 years of professional experience related to the position.
- Must demonstrate expertise in hydrogeologic and geologic principles, including quantitative hydrogeology, water resource development, contaminant fate & transport in groundwater; and must be familiar with groundwater modeling tools and techniques.
- Must have at least five years’ active experience with project management (technical and financial), staff management, staff mentoring, and resource management.
- Must possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have experience in a client-facing role, either as a technical resource/expert or project manager.
- Must be adept with Microsoft Office® programs, such as MS Word®, MS Excel®, and MS Access®.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com