ERM is seeking a hands-on Environmental Impact Assessment Project Manager in our Houston, TXoffice to support and grow the domestic Impact Assessment & Planning (IAP) technical community. In this role, you will focus on managing multi-media permitting and National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) projects for Oil and Gas and/or Energy Sector clients across the US and potentially abroad. This is an excellent opportunity for a career professional to join a growing and exciting technical team, as you build a rewarding career path with a global environmental leader.
- Serve as Project Manager for NEPA environmental assessment (EA) and environmental impact statement (EIS) projects and related activities in support of ERM clients’ development projects (i.e., oil and gas, power generation, electrical transmission, and renewable energy projects).
- Lead preparation of EAs/EISs and associated management plans in compliance with NEPA. Contribute to preparing impact assessment deliverables, serving in roles ranging from lead technical expert to quality review. Perform project delivery activities such as report writing, undertaking and organizing data collection and survey field work, data and literature review, and development of recommendations for clients.
- Manage multi-media permitting and compliance associated with development projects with an emphasis on U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, and State Historical Commissions.
- Direct and monitor project management activities, including task delegation and direction, subcontractor management, health & safety protocol management, monitoring of commercial performance, deliverable quality review, and interaction with clients.
- Prepare technical proposals and participate in business development with existing clients and identified leads. Maintain client relationships that generate repeat business.
- Collaborate with other ERM IAP Technical Community members to execute impact assessment projects (e.g., environmental impact assessment, land planning, facility siting & permitting, and capital projects). Participate on teams comprised of impact assessment professionals from multiple offices around the organization.
- Mentor junior- and mid-level consulting staff (including experienced impact assessment staff, as well as employees with introductory levels of impact assessment experience) to develop their skill sets in the IAP service area.
- BS/MS in Biology, Ecology, Environmental Science/Engineering, Planning, or similar field.
- 5 to 10 years of impact assessment and multi-media permitting experience, including consulting experience. Experience developing and executing corporate IAP systems and strategies, preparing NEPA-type documents for federal and/or state agencies, and providing strategic-level IAP support.
- Technical skills in ecological surveys desired (e.g., wetlands delineations or habitat surveys).
- Demonstrated leadership ability to build, coach, and mentor collaborative teams.
- High degree of technical competence and broad knowledge of impact assessment best practices, with a solid grasp of the key impact assessment and management issues within the Oil and Gas and/or Power/Energy sectors.
- Positive reputation with key regulators relevant to impact assessment approvals.
- Solid experience building sustaining relationships with major clients.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; experience writing comprehensive technical reports and standards. Strong presentation skills for client meetings and other events.
- Ability to succeed in a fast-paced consulting environment, handling multiple project assignments, meeting strict deadlines, and traveling to client facilities as needed.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com