The Assistant Scientist will assist in conducting environmental and siting studies, preparing permitting applications and analyzing environmental data for various types of projects, including high-voltage transmission line routing, power generation construction activities and water treatment facilities.
- Assist in conducting field surveys, assessments and collecting project-related data for analysis in environmental impact projects.
- Assist in preparation of technical reports, environmental impact statements and environmental field studies.
- Provide assistance in utilizing GIS data for map production in accordance with standards and industry best practices.
- Assist with performing environmental site investigations, support erosion control efforts and subsurface soil sampling.
- Assist in conducting environmental compliance audits.
- Assist in preparing a wide variety of permitting applications such as air, land use and cultural resources permitting.
- Support site selection studies and preparation of related National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) documentation.
- Ensure compliance with company and site safety policies.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Environmental Science or a related natural science degree from an accredited program required.
- Minimum of a 3.0 GPA.
- 0 to 3 years professional experience.
- Prior internship or natural science field experience preferred.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to clearly communicate both verbal and written technical information.
- Basic knowledge of environmental site assessment methods.
- Basic knowledge of environmental compliance and compliance audits.
- Basic knowledge of the environmental permitting process.
- Basic knowledge of GPS and working in the ArcGIS desktop environment.
- Must be proficient in the use of computer software (i.e., Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Valid driver's license required. In addition, must meet standards to qualify for and maintain the Company's vehicle driving privileges as outlined in the Company's Motor Vehicle Safety Policy.
Primary Location: Kansas City, MO
Other Locations: Saint Louis, Chicago, Brea (CA), Houston
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com